Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Those boots were illegal on the construction jobs I worked on due to having no ankle support. They had to be lace ups.
I hate lace up work boots. Mainly because the ankle bit is so deep and a pain to get on quickly. I used to buy safety boots but last pair from Bunnings were too narrow and caned my feet. I have hardly worn them. Wished I'd not got them as they were a waste. Seems like wide shoes are becoming hard to find now. Certainly makes it hard to find something that fits. These Blunnis are fairly wide and being soft toe they should stretch.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Far out, can't believe how hard it is to find shoes that fit and don't look old man..... So hard to find 7,1/2. Also can't believe there is so much size difference between brands, some size 9s were too small.... First stop was Rivers as I have bought shoes from them for well over 10 years. Plenty of absolutely ugly gear, but the half a dozen pairs they had that looked nice were not in my size.
I had heard shoe shopping is a nightmare at the moment but I didn't realise just how hard it would be. Been to 5 places and can't find anything.
What I can’t believe is your a grown man with a 7-1/2 shoe
Lmao :eek:;)

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
I hate lace up work boots. Mainly because the ankle bit is so deep and a pain to get on quickly. I used to buy safety boots but last pair from Bunnings were too narrow and caned my feet. I have hardly worn them. Wished I'd not got them as they were a waste. Seems like wide shoes are becoming hard to find now. Certainly makes it hard to find something that fits. These Blunnis are fairly wide and being soft toe they should stretch.
Funny how people can be polar opposite hey, I hate wearing the elastic sided slip on boots I wear high top lace up Blundstones as I like being able to pull the laces right and feel that strong support around the ankles

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What I can’t believe is your a grown man with a 7-1/2 shoe
Lmao :eek:;)

My feet are pretty small most blokes I know are at least a size 10. Having said that I don't seem to be a 7,1/2 anymore. I vary between an 8 and 8,1/2 at Rivers in the last couple of years. But 5 years ago I used to wear 7, 1/2 at Rivers. Needing a 9 today took me by surprise. I used to by Yakka slip ons and an 8 in those was too big. But I haven't bought Yakka for over 6 years, so they might be smaller now too. I honestly think Fig is right and sizes have shrunk over the last few years.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
My feet are pretty small most blokes I know are at least a size 10. Having said that I don't seem to be a 7,1/2 anymore. I vary between an 8 and 8,1/2 at Rivers in the last couple of years. But 5 years ago I used to wear 7, 1/2 at Rivers. Needing a 9 today took me by surprise. I used to by Yakka slip ons and an 8 in those was too big. But I haven't bought Yakka for over 6 years, so they might be smaller now too. I honestly think Keith is right and sizes have shrunk over the last few years.
Maybe look for Chinese made shoes then you may need an 11 or 12 lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think they are all Chinese now, that's why there was next to nothing on the shelves, except 10 year stock..... People at work said to me good luck finding shoes, as there is very little to choose from. I'm fairly certain the same **** shoes were on the shelves two or more years ago. I mean boat shoes..... FFS does anyone actually wear them? The shoe racks were full of boat shoes and sandles....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Buying shoes or boots is about what fits. Indicated size is only a starting point.

I have 2 pairs of Adidas sneakers.....one 9.5, the other 10.5.....both fit the same lol.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

My Oliver lace ups are sooooo much better than elastic sides.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I bought some FXD's for the weight but they aren't very strong.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I got old work order steel caps 9.5 size now when order have to get 11-12 depending on brand...feet still fit old 9.5 boots