Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
We have to hand it to the Shiteneese. Played greedy ignorant nations for decades with cheap slave labor.

Necesity is the mother of all inventions, we will pull through.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Shipping cost from China has almost doubled since this time last year, Because they cut some of the shipping lines to Australia and container spaces on the boats is limited, There is also a shortage of empty containers in China as not enough boats are heading back there.
There are reports the virus is starting up again in China. Workers are leaving the factories earlier than usual for Chinese new year because they have been told if the virus numbers start going up then Provence borders will close.
The next month over there will be very interesting to watch

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Chip Shortages

Volkswagen AG has lost tens of thousands of cars in production in China due to the global chip supply shortage that’s crippling automakers around the world.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Because "free trade", because people must have seasonal fruits all year round and there must be fair competition for all suppliers....

Which leads me to my question. If trade was free, why does it need a document with hundreds of pages to spell out exactly what free means? The Oxford dictionary defines the word "free" in a couple of lines!

Free, with hundreds of pages of conditions isn't really free at all!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
"Free trade' my arse. Look at what is currently banned into China.
Our cherry exports to China have traces of COVID.
Our coal is substandard, suddenly, after years of no complaints.
Our timber, probably because it comes from trees.
Our wine, dumping accusations it is subsidised by the our Govts.
Our frozen beef, caused the outbreak of COVID in Wuhan.
Our barley, that is still a mystery, not explained.
Our cotton, probably because the crops use water.
Our lobsters, great, ....... more for us.
When shopping for food, look at where the product is made, and if it is not Aus or NZ, put it back on the shelf, pay the extra 20c for a local product, or go without.

Leading up to Australia Day / Invasion Day / or whatever you want to call it, Australian flags, stubbie holders, key rings and other 'patriotic' trinkets ......... all made in China. Big 'joke'.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Free, with hundreds of pages of conditions isn't really free at all!
Free doesn’t mean what you thing it does.

Those 100’s of pages can probably be replaced with the text “free to not pay duties, free to undercut prices to kill local competition, free to use slave labour in production”. However, when it’s expressed in such a way, it doesn’t have a nice ring to it. So instead we get pages of waffle to hide the fact we are getting screwed by the multinationals and don’t even realise it.

But, just take a deep breath, calm down and learn to say indebted servitude with a smile :p:eek::mad:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Next time your in Coles, look at Ritz crackers , they are made in China, I can't understand how it can be cheaper to make crackers in China and ship them to Australia than we can make them here ourselves?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Free trade with China is anything but free. As well have all seen, China will change their rules at a whim when we upset them.

I'm all for fair and equitable trade but what we have now is a complete and utter joke.

The sooner we move away from China as our major trading partner the better we will all be.