Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
And going by the list of exposure sites, had a wonderful holiday on the way, including going to the movies.
They were diligent in using QR code checkins wherever they went so doubt their intent was to spread a disease...

I blame the government for confusing and inconsistent rules, poor exemption handling systems and announcements of lockdown that give people ample notice and time to ‘escape’ lockdown. It should be instant from time of announcement... They should set up road blocks and turn those infected puss bags back at the boarder I say :p:p:p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
The QLD couple are the ones I am referring to....I last heard they travelled from Vic to Qld as the male had a new job in Qld...I didn't read anything in the paper today about it, so I'm not sure whether they told porkie pies or not
Yeah, seems after they were vilified by the media,it’s not news worthy any more :eek:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They were diligent in using QR code checkins wherever they went so doubt their intent was to spread a disease...

I blame the government for confusing and inconsistent rules, poor exemption handling systems and announcements of lockdown that give people ample notice and time to ‘escape’ lockdown. It should be instant from time of announcement... They should set up road blocks and turn those infected puss bags back at the boarder I say :p:p:p

The woman didn't test positive until she reached QLD....The man tested positive a couple of days later.....So bit hard turning them back at the border if they didn't test positive until after they crossed...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Authorities need to be careful in policing COVID restrictions. If they are seen to be heavy handed they’ll drive the general population in to non-compliance with restrictions. They’ll use a light hand so that people feel comfortable in getting tested.

I think the publicity itself is sufficient to discourage others from trying the same interstate journey!

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
The woman didn't test positive until she reached QLD....The man tested positive a couple of days later.....So bit hard turning them back at the border if they didn't test positive until after they crossed...
No, I meant when the government declares a lockdown, they shouldn’t wait a couple of days before it starts. It must start from the time of announcement else people will run into other states to escape the lockdown and may take the infection with them. Its these runners we should be turning back.

As is, the Vic Gov announced lockdown on I think Tuesday’s 25 or early Wednesday 26th and the state officially went into lockdown at 11:59 on 27th May 2021. It’s this delay that is problematic.

For the couple in question, they left on 1st June, after lockdown became active but media has now gone quiet on the issue. So it’s not clear what paperwork if any was required or what paperwork was done... Atleast the couple used QR codes at all times which made tracing them much easier and that’s more than what some Melbournians are doing (with their stupid protests I’ve read about)...

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No, I meant when the government declares a lockdown, they shouldn’t wait a couple of days before it starts. It must start from the time of announcement else people will run into other states to escape the lockdown and may take the infection with them. Its these runners we should be turning back.

As is, the Vic Gov announced lockdown on I think Tuesday’s 25 or early Wednesday 26th and the state officially went into lockdown at 11:59 on 27th May 2021. It’s this delay that is problematic.

For the couple in question, they left on 1st June, after lockdown became active but media has now gone quiet on the issue. So it’s not clear what paperwork if any was required or what paperwork was done... Atleast the couple used QR codes at all times which made tracing them much easier and that’s more than what some Melbournians are doing (with their stupid protests I’ve read about)...

If someone wants to move interstate because they have got a job and haven't tested positive to covid, why prevent them from travelling to that job? After all, this pair only tested positive a few days after they left the state...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
If someone wants to move interstate because they have got a job and haven't tested positive to covid, why prevent them from travelling to that job? After all, this pair only tested positive a few days after they left the state...
I‘m not saying that someone shouldn’t be allowed to move or take up a job in another location. I‘m saying lockdown is ineffective unless it occurs immediately.

Obviously exceptions need to be allowed with processes and documentation to control it.

Testing itself and a negative result doesn’t mean one hasn’t been infected and won’t subsequently spread the disease as has been shown multiple times. Thus there still needs to be a quarantine and a 14 day isolation period on arrival from any infected city full of puss bags, be they o/s (fed responsibility) or local (state responsibility).

Guess what peeves me off is the lack of consistent rules for this pandemic.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
New members always posting their threads in either the Showcase or cruise sections!