Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
3 months ago I lost my dad to cancer at the age of 93. I live in Victoria and he lived in Queensland so I was unable to visit him before he died to say goodbye or go to his funeral.
Saturday night I get a call from the nursing home where mum is saying she has had a massive stroke. Again , living in Victoria I cannot visit her . Today I get another call saying mum is unresponsive , not eating or drinking and they have started "end of life" proceedings.
I know they are both in their 90s and have lived a full life but losing dad 3 months ago and now mum it's a bit hard to handle.
The longer you’ve had to love them, the tougher it is to lose them. All the best.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
3 months ago I lost my dad to cancer at the age of 93. I live in Victoria and he lived in Queensland so I was unable to visit him before he died to say goodbye or go to his funeral.
Saturday night I get a call from the nursing home where mum is saying she has had a massive stroke. Again , living in Victoria I cannot visit her . Today I get another call saying mum is unresponsive , not eating or drinking and they have started "end of life" proceedings.
I know they are both in their 90s and have lived a full life but losing dad 3 months ago and now mum it's a bit hard to handle.

That would be extremely difficult...I spent yesterday at the hospital with the mother-in-law on life support not knowing whether she would pull through...That is hard enough without being in your situation.....That sucks.

My thoughts are with you and with all due respects, if she is going to pass on, I do hope it is quick, rather than drawn out...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It was bloody frustrating watching a loved one pass on and not be able to do a bloody thing...

Yes they wished to have the DNR on their file, but still frustrating watching it occur knowing you are helpless.....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
We had the privilege of face timing my wife's 93 yr old pop hours before he passed a couple of weeks ago....

We in Perth, he in Toowoomba.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Well I got the call I was dreading , mum passed this morning at 11.15, she is now with dad again . My niece was by her side when she passed and some of the residence and nurses took it in turns sitting with her for the last 3 days so I take comfort in knowing she wasn't alone when she passed.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Well I got the call I was dreading , mum passed this morning at 11.15, she is now with dad again . My niece was by her side when she passed and some of the residence and nurses took it in turns sitting with her for the last 3 days so I take comfort in knowing she wasn't alone when she passed.
All the best.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My condolences.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

My condolences.....I had the mother in law pass yesterday, so I feel your pain...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
My condolences.