Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In my view they should have got 14 days in quarantine, then a stint at her majesty’s pleasure.

As a comparison, down under, it beggars belief that two or three Logan women lied about their travels and actually went to Melbourne for a party while it was in lockdown, picked up COVID19 and then went back to Brisbane where (I think) there was an outbreak (attributed to them?) causing a Brisbane lockdown :mad:

But we are such a forgiving society when it comes fraud associated with knowingly making a false (health) declaration or causing grievous bodily harm to others by spreading of COVID19. I give them a couple of years to think about their actions :rolleyes:

I thought that the male was starting a new job interstate?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If they told the truth they would have been in quarantine in any case so it’s no punishment at all for their deception.

Except now it is at their cost. The police have not said if they are investigating and/or if charges will be laid.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I thought that the male was starting a new job interstate?
The NZED case was Vic couple driving to NSW to catch an NZ flight for holidays.

The QLD case was a couple going to QLD for new job/moving house but what paperwork was needed or submitted in such instances is unclear as facts may not make a good story... Thats why I find the news papers vilifying them rather annoying.

Handle the infection via quarantine, get the police to investigate and if the intent was to deceive or evade lockdown, the legal system should come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Except now it is at their cost. The police have not said if they are investigating and/or if charges will be laid.
In Aus, the traveller always pays for their quarantine as I understand.
I just assumed it was the same in NZed, hense my comment :rolleyes:

So they did get some punishment then ... and may get some more ;)

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
NZ citizens and permanent residents get it for free for legitimate travel reasons but for someone just coming for a holiday or otherwise there is a cost which was still been subsidised by the NZ government to a degree. Hopefully these guys wear the full cost.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
NZ citizens and permanent residents get it for free for legitimate travel reasons but for someone just coming for a holiday or otherwise there is a cost which was still been subsidised by the NZ government to a degree. Hopefully these guys wear the full cost.
Sounds like there is no punishment for these cheats... :oops:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well there is, punishable by both fines and prison time should the cops choose to prosecute. But our cops are too bloody nice....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The NZED case was Vic couple driving to NSW to catch an NZ flight for holidays.

The QLD case was a couple going to QLD for new job/moving house but what paperwork was needed or submitted in such instances is unclear as facts may not make a good story... Thats why I find the news papers vilifying them rather annoying.

Handle the infection via quarantine, get the police to investigate and if the intent was to deceive or evade lockdown, the legal system should come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

The QLD couple are the ones I am referring to....I last heard they travelled from Vic to Qld as the male had a new job in Qld...I didn't read anything in the paper today about it, so I'm not sure whether they told porkie pies or not

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The QLD case was a couple going to QLD for new job/moving house

And going by the list of exposure sites, had a wonderful holiday on the way, including going to the movies.