Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Far out, I'm six weeks off 50 and my body feels like it is already wearing out. Stuffed my back on the weekend, and now need to go to the GP, who will send me for xrays, only to tell me there is nothing they can do.
Makes it hard to sleep, when you move it canes. Need to be at work because I'm the boss, and we are short staffed.
Man I still have to work another 20 years before I can retire. Gonna be pretty ordinary if I have done some major damage.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Far out, I'm six weeks off 50 and my body feels like it is already wearing out. Stuffed my back on the weekend, and now need to go to the GP, who will send me for xrays, only to tell me there is nothing they can do.
Makes it hard to sleep, when you move it canes. Need to be at work because I'm the boss, and we are short staffed.
Man I still have to work another 20 years before I can retire. Gonna be pretty ordinary if I have done some major damage.
Not saying your back problems are the same as mine but I had Sciatica many years ago. I had an epidural, haven't had any problem since.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I hurt mine on the weekend lifting something long and heavy and trying to get it out of the garden shed. Getting worse as each day passes. I thought it would go away. Now having trouble sitting and walking. I walk from the bus to work and I sit a lot at my desk. Hate seeing the doc but I think I'm going to have little choice.
I think sciatic comes on slowly? Not normally from overexhursion?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I hurt mine on the weekend lifting something long and heavy and trying to get it out of the garden shed. Getting worse as each day passes. I thought it would go away. Now having trouble sitting and walking. I walk from the bus to work and I sit a lot at my desk. Hate seeing the doc but I think I'm going to have little choice.
If you did your back lifting, you either have a muscle strain or you overstressed a weakened disc…

As I understand, the best diagnostics tool is MRI though CT scan is cheaper. Either way a trip to the doc is advised…

Sucks when you do the lower back… welcome to decrepitude :eek:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Go see a chiropractor, they do things a little differently, I've had acupuncture for deep muscle strain on my lower back a few years ago, did wonders.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks men, I will see the GP on Friday if I can get in. That will be the cheapest option. Then I will probably see the chiro, late next week if I can get some time off work and borrow a car.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis

Sounds like you've pinched a nerve.
I developed Sciatica back in 2016. It came on from repetitive bending and standing up at work over the course of two days and progressively got worse. Was beginning to think I was destined to live with it for the rest of my life. One day, about 9 months after onset, it just suddenly disappeared.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
On the cancellation list for this week. Hopefully they can squeeze me in at the doctors.
Could be a pinched nerve, it aches all day but walk on unlevel ground or put your foot in the wrong spot and oh boy you feel it then.....

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Not according to my doctor.
A few years ago, Jetstar put me in the corner seat, last row of seats on a flight SYD > DAR. Somewhat cramped and uncomfortable back there.
Got off, and had trouble walking for a few hours, then gradually lessened over the next few weeks. Went to the doc when I got home and he diagnosed sciatica, (told him that sciatic was only for old people, I qualified there) . Gave me some magic pills and told me to go for long walks.
Took a few months before I got over it.