Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
People who ask for advice, receive plenty from multiple sources and reject it outright coz it isn't the answer they wanted or they, apparently, already know better.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
People who ask for advice, receive plenty from multiple sources and reject it outright coz it isn't the answer they wanted or they, apparently, already know better.

They are known as "askholes"

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Aimed at anyone in particular?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I reckon the coppers are over it. It’s probably something they never signed up for.

Yeah nahh. They have been using the "educational" approach from day 1 since the first lockdown. Actual enforcement has been almost non existent. Only a few people have been charged for blatant breaches but most complaints don't even seem to be followed up on. People are breaking the rules because there are basically no consequences for doing so and they know it.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Yeah nahh. They have been using the "educational" approach from day 1 since the first lockdown. Actual enforcement has been almost non existent. Only a few people have been charged for blatant breaches but most complaints don't even seem to be followed up on. People are breaking the rules because there are basically no consequences for doing so and they know it.

Has anything happened to those 2 clowns that flew from Auckland to Queenstown?
1 of them was a lawyer and had a parent who is a senior judge, Guessing it'll get swept under the carpet

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Has anything happened to those 2 clowns that flew from Auckland to Queenstown?
1 of them was a lawyer and had a parent who is a senior judge, Guessing it'll get swept under the carpet
Actually , it was in the news today they have been charged. The Judge stepped back and said they were idiots IIRC.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Never signed up for enforcing the law ? o_O
Yes you are correct, it is the law at the moment, but in my opinion most coppers are probably sick of having to deal with this particular situation given they are quite possibly conflicted. As you should be aware there are plenty of people in society who still don’t agree with what’s going on regarding Covid, and this would also include a minority of the Police Force. They may well have partners, family members and friends who don’t agree with the conditions and enforced laws which have created such a divisive attitude, therefore putting them between a rock and a hard place so to speak.
We should not be so judgemental, as everything is not so black and white as some people see it.
If you’ve never been in their shoes, then you cannot be in a position to judge.
As I said, “I RECKON the coppers are over it. It’s PROBABLY something they never signed up for”

By the way, I joined the Victorian Police Force in 1986, the year I came here. On my first day at the academy the law instructors first words were, and I quote “To be a Police Officer you have to have a certain amount of cnut in you” And not long after I learned how, by flashing Freddie I could also get free stuff. I also understand that it was a boys club and that you had to conform to the status quo.

Needless to say, given my previous criminal history and the need to make amends for my past indiscretions, I decided that continuing to be a cnut and a person who takes bribes, was not something I signed up for! So I thought it best to leave the Victorian Police Force and find a job where I would not feel slightly conflicted!

In saying all this, I do believe that most coppers (and I know a few) are decent people who are just out there to uphold the law. It’s just unfortunate that the Covid laws are probably something that has them conflicted. And yes, they’re probably over it.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yes you are correct, it is the law at the moment, but in my opinion most coppers are probably sick of having to deal with this particular situation given they are quite possibly conflicted. As you should be aware there are plenty of people in society who still don’t agree with what’s going on regarding Covid, and this would also include a minority of the Police Force. They may well have partners, family members and friends who don’t agree with the conditions and enforced laws which have created such a divisive attitude, therefore putting them between a rock and a hard place so to speak.
We should not be so judgemental, as everything is not so black and white as some people see it.
If you’ve never been in their shoes, then you cannot be in a position to judge.
As I said, “I RECKON the coppers are over it. It’s PROBABLY something they never signed up for”

By the way, I joined the Victorian Police Force in 1986, the year I came here. On my first day at the academy the law instructors first words were, and I quote “To be a Police Officer you have to have a certain amount of cnut in you” And not long after I learned how, by flashing Freddie I could also get free stuff. I also understand that it was a boys club and that you had to conform to the status quo.

Needless to say, given my previous criminal history and the need to make amends for my past indiscretions, I decided that continuing to be a cnut and a person who takes bribes, was not something I signed up for! So I thought it best to leave the Victorian Police Force and find a job where I would not feel slightly conflicted!

In saying all this, I do believe that most coppers (and I know a few) are decent people who are just out there to uphold the law. It’s just unfortunate that the Covid laws are probably something that has them conflicted. And yes, they’re probably over it.
I'm sure there area lot of aspects that the Police sign up for that they don't like. I would doubt that they like attending domestic violence scenes where the wife turns on them. Bet they aren't that fussy about attending road accidents where bits of people are strewn about the place. Being beaten up by members of the public wouldn't be high on their list. Being spat on by the public wouldn't be terribly nice either

All of the above are issues they might well be aware might happen but they don't realise how bad they are until they have to face them. Some will leave because this is not what they signed up for. Others will become inured and accept it is part of the job. However it is not for them to decide what is right or wrong. If people break the law it is their job to do in a professional manner

Last edited: