Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Think Colorado Truck"

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
They are not that big.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
My Hilux rego papers say Toyota truck even though its a Hilux ute. I suppose we are just getting more and more like America every day.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
...welcome to Globalisation. America's vision for the world is for it to....be like America.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
...welcome to Globalisation. America's vision for the world is for it to....be like America.

Toyota have been globally branding the Camry, corolla, Prius etc. for many years. GM in the US are miles behind them in terms of global branding

GM have tended to give the same car a different name in each of the main markets, which is just a waste of time. The Cruze has kept it's name globally and there's no reason the Colorado truck can't keep its name either. I think we're mature enough to accept a car doesn't need to be named after a famous drover or Australian animal before we'll accept seeing it on the showroom floor

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Another thing to consider is the Colorado 7 which is the replacement for the Captiva, (which is a replacement for the Adventra) so if it was just Colorado it would be both models, also all the footage in the ad has Holden badges... bit crap to change all the footage but not the slogan...

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Toyota have been globally branding the Camry, corolla, Prius etc. for many years. GM in the US are miles behind them in terms of global branding

GM have tended to give the same car a different name in each of the main markets, which is just a waste of time. The Cruze has kept it's name globally and there's no reason the Colorado truck can't keep its name either. I think we're mature enough to accept a car doesn't need to be named after a famous drover or Australian animal before we'll accept seeing it on the showroom floor

True; wonder what Commodore replacement will be called? Malibu?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
They actually are bringing the Malibu to Australia, this year I believe. They had one at the Australian International Motor Show last year. I seem to recall it'll be the new Vectra/Epica equivalent.

They also say that in a few years when the VF is retired, it'll be replaced with a 4 cylinder "Commodore" built on a global platform. Who knows whats going to happen...all I know is that if they try to sell a FWD car here as a Commodore, they can prepare to kiss half their market goodbye.