Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

think im stuffing up brake bleeding

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
had the girly push on the brake pedal a few times whilst having the bleed nipple open.....then on the last push as she pushed in tightened up the bleed nipple

Close the nipple before she releases the pedal. What your doing now is pumping out fluid and drawing in air, then closing the nipple thus trapping a whole lot of air in the caliper.

The way to do it is have her push the pedal to build pressure in the lines, while you then open the bleeder to expel fluid and any air. Now just as the pedal almost reaches the floor close the nipple. Now it is safe to release the brake pedal drawing more fluid into the system from the fluid resivour. (Dont forget to keep topping the fluid up!)

Key message: DO NOT release the pedal while the bleeder is open. :)

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I could've sworn I just said that :p

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
ok well shes gettin sick of me for now - ill continue this tomorow morning wheni have more time - any comments on the vs boosters etc... if i go shpopping tomorow for one am i looking for v8 - or arethey both the same

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
All good. :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
vt booster is a bit bigger. vs should work fine though. thats what i use. just remmeber to also grab the bracket off the vs that holds master cylinder to the strut tower. its flipped opposite to the one you have now. v6 and v8 boosters are the same i think

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
someone quote me if im wrong but dont you have to disable the abs when you bleed the brakes on abs cars?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Correct bleeding procedure as follows.

Top up reservoir.
Starting at LHR, attach clear hose to the bleed nipple and place the other end into a clear bottle.
Open bleeder, push pedal down, close bleeder. Repeat until you have a solid stream of fluid with no air bubbles.
Repeat on each wheel, going to RHR next, then LHF and finish on the RHF.

If you haven't let the reservoir run dry then it's possible to skip the rear wheels as you haven't touched them, but it is always a good idea to do them as well to flush the system.

Keep checking the reservoir so it doesn't empty. (Obvious I know.)

See how that goes.