Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

think im stuffing up brake bleeding

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sometimes you need to bleed at the master cylinder where the pipes attach as well as air can get trapped at the top of the pipes.same procedure hold foot on brake and crack the pipe fitting while holding a rag around it so you dont get fluid on the paint as it will eat the paint off.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
^^ Good point. When replacing calipers, undoing the line can let an air bubble travel up the line to the master cylinder.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
ok i will be doin the rears in a sec - and see how it goes - it sux i have the worst driveway for workin lol im always last one home and 4 cars in a 1 driveway house neva works hahahah

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Quick question, have you got a photo of the calipers on the car?? Sounds to me like the calipers are upside down...Make sure the bleeders are at the top of the calipers and the brake line is at the bottom. If the calipers are upside down (which is quiet easy to do) the bleeder wil be at the bottom of the caliper allowing all the air to stay above the bleeder. If this is the case, you will never get it to work!

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
**** dont say that the bleeders are at the bottom - infact i thought about it - the callipers have R and L on them - so i put r to drivers side and L to passenger side thus putting the bleeders at the bottom and the brake lines at the top

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Well, the problem is that on a VE the calipers are at the back of the rotor and on a VN-VS the calipers are on the front of the rotor, so in actual fact the calipers are the wrong way, so you need to put the L caliper on the right and the R caliper on the left of your car. Putting them the way you have has certainly put the bleeder at the bottom and is what is causing your problem.....

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rk dont say that

ok guess what im doin tomorow

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hahaha least you know why now.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok i officially hate the world --------- i just went and changed the callipers over ----------------

THEY WORK......

They work efffffen brilliant goawd damn ve backwards brakes