Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

think im stuffing up brake bleeding

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
Ok so anyone wanting to do the VE brake upgrade 322mm rotors and callipers i can recommend doing them now -

just remember right calliper goes left hand side and left calliper goes right hand side

with standard VP booster and master im more than happy with stopability and i havent even bed the pads in yet

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
lol looks like tim hit the nail on the head.
how much they set you back ?

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
they were $765 all up ve spec 322 mm rotors and callipers to suit + wheel hubs then $32for the wheel bearings did them same time - kit came wiht new brake fluid

so yeh $800 all up and there all silver - perfect for painting - and when they actually work - they put ya thru the windsheild hahah

BAD points -----
No Instructions - well they came with something but they suck - spent more time figuring out what the gold clips were that eventually go top and bottom on the calliper as sort of a brake pad guide.

Right calliper is labelled wrongly (and left one)- so i found out well its not its an actual Ve brake kit so i guess is right however bein an upgrade kit for earlier cars they coulda told me this..

GOOD points ---
They work mint on my standard vp v8 booster and master im very impressed - im still gunna upgrade to the vt spec stuff but yeh

they are silver pefect for custom paintjob
apart from the right left issue they are easy as piss to fit

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Good to hear you got it all sorted mate, glad to be of assistance....

Note to everyone, whenever you fit calipers, ALWAYS make sure the bleeder nipple is at the top of the caliper. Even with standard brakes, it's an easy mistake to make!

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
yEEEEErrrp lol lesson learned - easy mistake in this case coz the callipers are even labelled R and L hahahahha