Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

think ive blown a head gasket

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
sixshooter said:
If you've got boiling water...and oil in the coolant then then I'd stop driving it untill it's all fixed...Boiling water can make the plastic tanks on the radiator fatigue and split...especially if its loosing water and creating steam in there... (I pressume your car has plastic radiator ends)... rip the heads off and get them tested forcracks and warping for starters...then replace gaskets as necessary...keep driving it and you'll surely do more damage to the engine.

its very odd, it dosnt do it alot, i have a spare set of heads here (200,000km) that are in GOOD condition, im gonna be slapping them on as soon as they're ported, the coolant is leaking from somewhere, gotta find out where yet

oil in the coolant isnt %100, i havnt had a decant look yet, havnt had the time to be honost someone said if it had oil in there it'd have heaps and i dont think it has...

maybe my thermo stat is dead or ive got a leak somewhere maybe in my radiator, ill have to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!