Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking About a VZ Storm.........thoughts

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
Hi guys, only found this site the other day,

anyways i am really thinking hard about updating from my old 95 vs ute to the 2005 vz storm, what should i be looking out for and what a re the pros and cons??? Also a average total price for the storm would help also.

p.s. sorry if this has been posted b4 but i looked around and couldnt see it, so any thoughts would be tops!

thanks.

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
Strone said:
Hi guys, only found this site the other day,

anyways i am really thinking hard about updating from my old 95 vs ute to the 2005 vz storm, what should i be looking out for and what a re the pros and cons??? Also a average total price for the storm would help also.

p.s. sorry if this has been posted b4 but i looked around and couldnt see it, so any thoughts would be tops!

thanks.

yeah am thinking of going for the storm or a 2002 vu ss ute, what you guys think?

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
go the storm mate. I upgraded from a VSiii base ute to a VZ Storm ute and its sweet as! you'll notice less power at the low-end but a heap more higher up!

With the problems i was having with the o2 sensors in the VS (350ks to a tank) it was worth the upgrade, if only for the fuel savings. (now gettin 500-600k's a tank)

yer average price is gunna differ all the time. You should look at getting one while they last, the dealer almost has the upper hand if you go in asking for a storm. Ask for a ute and "let them" up-sell you... :D

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Better hurry up they stopped making them months ago... so what's out there is it !!

btw,,,
$32k + on roads..

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
Troy711 said:
id go the storm mainly cos it would be cheaper on fuel and when you own a car from brand new it feels like your OWN car, if you get me. if you like i can dig up the VZ ute pros and cons thread..

yeah cheers, if you can find that thread that would be great mate!

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
squire_j said:
go the storm mate. I upgraded from a VSiii base ute to a VZ Storm ute and its sweet as! you'll notice less power at the low-end but a heap more higher up!

With the problems i was having with the o2 sensors in the VS (350ks to a tank) it was worth the upgrade, if only for the fuel savings. (now gettin 500-600k's a tank)

yer average price is gunna differ all the time. You should look at getting one while they last, the dealer almost has the upper hand if you go in asking for a storm. Ask for a ute and "let them" up-sell you... :D

sounds good, what are your pros and cons with your storm?

and yes i have 2 in mind and im taking them both for a test drive very soon.

thanks.

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
squire_j said:
pros and cons compared to what?

I didn't think about any of that. I wanted a Holden Sandman and thats what i went and got... I got the storm coz it was only like $200 more than an S-pack for heaps of extras.

just general pros and cons,

like what are the good things about the storm, and what are the bad?

is the fuel gauge a big issue with the storm? ect, you know what i mean?

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
ahh k. apparently the fix is out for the fuel guage (dont quote me) i just haven't taken it back yet.
I used to find the fuel guage annoying, but the more i drive it the more it seems to learn... somehow...

ummm, the storm ya get:
- a high-mount brake light (unless you get a HBD sandman canopy)
- a special STORM soft tonneau cover
- pimpin 17" mags lol
- fog lights
- sweet as leathery interior (the ladies love it)
- i got dark tint extra, MUST HAVE! (the ladies love it)
- PHAT 235's (thats when the ladies have that puzzled look)
- LSD
- FE2 sports suspension (already a little lower than normal but not too low to scrape all the time). Plus lower standard suspension is good for when you tell your insurer that you only lowered it 2 inches from standard...
- its harder to spin the wheels coz of the fat tyres and LSD (have NEVER spun it with the front wheels straight, rarely when turning)
- the ECU doesnt let you do bad stuff ie, can't sit on the 4 grand rev limiter in N and then drop it into D. not that you'd want to ;)
- its a VZ so phreddy can change the dash to blue (looks sweet as mate :D)
- there are a heap of options to play with on the little trip computer (encluding digital tacho)
- DIGITAL SPEEDO!!! I always have the digital speedo up, I hardly even know where the 100 is on my normal speedo
- Cruise control (digi speedo means 100% accurate cruise control)
- it got the 175kW engine, and not the 190kW engine (why is the SV6 the 190 but not the storm?!?!?!?!)
- 175kW is still betta than 147kW
- the power is more towards the higher end of the rev range than what the VS engine was.
- a VS in good condition would probably be better off the mark, for the first 10m or so. But then again the VS would probably just spin, whereas the VZ never spins off the lights in the dry.
- 6-stacker stereo with steering wheel controls
- the standard speakers are surprisingly good!

you can decide whats a pro and whats a con, i'm already ranting

I've only done just over 7000 so everything is just starting to get into place. The engine is starting to show some real power and with the wider wheels you dont have the slippery wheels problem that the VS had. Maybe my tyres were just a little bald...

Unless your planning on doing some major mods to the car; go the storm over the s-pack or the stocko ute every time! If your going to get new mags and lower it and get a body kit and new seats and pimpin stereo then you may as well get a stocko ute.

Is that enough?