Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking about getting creative with a spray gun...

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
SV666's sedan with the whole guard area blacked out.. just a thought.

SV666.jpg

That actually looked really good but then you mentioned that it looked fpvish... i don't want to make it look ugly.. :) imo I don't know whats up with the platastics they use.. Thanks for taking the time out Tins :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
That actually looked really good but then you mentioned that it looked fpvish... i don't want to make it look ugly.. :) imo I don't know whats up with the platastics they use.. Thanks for taking the time out Tins :)

No worries at all. Was just killing time last night, so thought I'd be semi-productive! lol

I'll do the side view when I get a second if you like. The black does look good on the silver - but I think the fat lines over the guards is too much - almost rice. Thin line is nicer.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Most of this stuff looks the goods, and I know it's just ideas getting thrown around, but the pic with the black over the rear wheel archs is just too much IMO. The one before with just black up to the arch was the one. Falls in line with your original thoughts that you didn't want to over do the job, but rather add something that others don't have...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Most of this stuff looks the goods, and I know it's just ideas getting thrown around, but the pic with the black over the rear wheel archs is just too much IMO. The one before with just black up to the arch was the one. Falls in line with your original thoughts that you didn't want to over do the job, but rather add something that others don't have...

Yeah, that is my pick too, so far. Just bouncing some ideas around. Might as well bounce them around in here!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
like this maybe..

ideas6.jpg

not a fan of the black around the guards, sorry.

and the problem with black around white like youve done above (as opposed to white pin around black) is that it reminds me of the middle road markings :).

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
not a fan of the black around the guards, sorry.

and the problem with black around white like youve done above (as opposed to white pin around black) is that it reminds me of the middle road markings :).

haha.. good point.

I'm not sold on the lines over the guards - just looks odd with no definite crease line to work with. Looks ok over the front guards but not over the back (can't really have one without the other) and the rear bar line doesn't work. Back to the drawing board! lol

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I liked the look of the front, but when you went over the guards and down the sides you lost me, over the guards and over the exhaust just brings it all undone, leave it to the front, and if you wanted to do something different maybe something around the number plate, or get the HSV black insert under the rear bar, and leave the black to just the front.