Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking about getting creative with a spray gun...

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Actually.. there is a crease line along the bottom edge of the door/side that could carry the black.. maybe

Don't know about the back though. There is one crease line on the tailgate that might work.

(pinched pic)
ideas3.jpg

Actually.. just looking at that.. I kinda like it...

I don't mind the look of this one, it does well to break up the green, and it is not too over the top.

Black on spoiler looks good, but not the top extra bit.... just the lower.
Sides look good too. But I reckon you need to break the black from the green with a white or silver pinstripe, otherwise it looks 'stock'.

I cant use photoshop for crap, but here's some MSPaint to give you idea of what Im talking about.

ideash.jpg

ideas3.jpg

The white outline kills it, lookes better without the white, you want subtle, and the white makes it stand out too much, takes away the look you're going for.

The look from the front is nice, just needs to end though so it doesn't have to go all the way over the guards, once it does it just loses the effect.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I don't mind the look of this one, it does well to break up the green, and it is not too over the top.

The white outline kills it, lookes better without the white, you want subtle, and the white makes it stand out too much, takes away the look you're going for.

The look from the front is nice, just needs to end though so it doesn't have to go all the way over the guards, once it does it just loses the effect.

Agreed - the look I'm going for is definitely subtle over screaming - Just something to break the colour up a little.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Personally this is more my thing

something more like this is nice too.... just not so thick centre bit. looks too chunky. but the extra black pinstripe around the edge is good.
the border between black and green is broken up a bit (what I was trying to do with the white outline, just didnt hit the spot style wise).

i dunno if its too much, but what about a black line starting low at the front, angling up just past the door, coming past the fuel flap, and flaring out to match the width of the taillight? starts and stays thin, but flares out at the end to match the lights.

god I wish i knew how to use photoshop.... I can see how this would be fun :).

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
hmmmm... do you mean cutting the line at the wheel arch and continuing on the other side... or having two curves like an elongated "S" so it sort of wraps over the arch to the tail lights?

I'm going to try each design with a second pin stripe as Soop suggested also - see how it looks

Edit: I think I see what you mean.. I'm assuming the arc turns upwards.. but do you mean the arc starts on an upward slant and levels out to the lights to keep with the light shape?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm from New Zealand and that doesn't remid me of rugby at all.

Actually if I was asked what it remind me off I would say a bidet :D

haha... by NZ Rugby, I mean manky tribal tattoo! lol - It's an epidemic here - everyone is trying to look like an All Black! lol