Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thinking of a XR6

LKC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Aclaim
I currently own a VS acclaim SII and have started looking for a new car.

I am a Vic P plater so I can’t mod or drive a turbo/ supercharger/ V8 and I have decided to do the right thing and keep to this. (not even willing to change exhaust).

The AU XR6 VCT has caught my eye as a possible new car. Unlike most I am a fan of the AU exterior styling (especially the XR) and rather it to the VY/VZ. So looks are no issue.

From what I can tell the VCT model XR6 has a more powerful engine compared to both its equivalent commo and base model falcon. 174KW with according to redbook. its also more attractive to me as the S VT/VX commo I would want is the supercharged model I cant drive.

I also plan on doing some track driving and skidpan work this year so I am looking for something that will be fun there (get the tyres smoking and have fun in a safe environment).

With this in mind can anybody tell me their experience with this car and any opinions? Also how different would driving the falcon be from my VS?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I would ask that question on a Ford Forum.

I am a Ford fan myself, but drive a Commodore because they are cheaper to buy, easier to modify and enhance and cheaper to fix.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
This is the weridest site ever every 2nd person on here is either driving a ford, suburu or a BMW or is asking qustions about fords and the like this is a COMMODORE site people.

LKC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Aclaim
hahah. I do currently drive a commodore. also people who arent fans of falcons are more likely to give a more frank opinion. I do intend on posting this on a ford forum but im not a member of one. I will sign up when im not at work.

That said a car enthusiast is a car enthusiast. I dont think that the model should matter.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this is a COMMODORE site people.

so what? commodores are a bag of ****. the site is about people getting valuable info for free, which includes opinions on various other cars.

anyway OP, i cant give you an opinion either. i have not seen a new model car i would actually spend my money on since 2001 (34gtr) older is better :) get an EH prem. best p-plater car on the face of the earth.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
so what? commodores are a bag of ****. the site is about people getting valuable info for free, which includes opinions on various other cars.

anyway OP, i cant give you an opinion either. i have not seen a new model car i would actually spend my money on since 2001 (34gtr) older is better :) get an EH prem. best p-plater car on the face of the earth.
I think you need to have a CHILL pill ari never said commodores were the be all an end all of cars but like i said this is a commodore forum if you wanna talk about fords go to a ford site.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
only if its a T.E.D an you buy me 1 to.:D

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Personal choice. At the end of the day the extra "power" or "torque" you may or may not get from a straight 6 falcon over a v6 commodore means sweet #### all :) they both drive good, it just depends which one you like better - but also consider maintenance costs and your knowledge of the brand and car you're buying. makes a big difference being able to diy some things here and there.