Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of buying a bike

0402jimbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If you wanna look good sitting outside the pub, the Harley is the lump for you. If you like to ride get a Jap bike up ya! I have a Suzuki RGV 250 Pepsi that keeps many a larger sports bike honest, and a Suzuki DRZ trail bike that runs up and down hills and rocky tracks like a swiss watch.
Sure the RGV is cramped a little for me (I am six foot) but it was the fastest thing I could get my hands on on my L's (this bike is no longer learner legal in Vic due to the new LAMS laws) and even now after 10 years of ownership the sound and smell of two stroke as I twist the throttle never fails to make me smile.
As for maintenance, the simplicity of the 2stroke engine mean repairs can be cheaper than equivalent repairs to a 4 stroke engine. Parts for an Aprilia could be a sticking point but there is a good source of parts for most RGV's.

Attachments

• 26-10-07_2344.jpg
    26-10-07_2344.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 126
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
If you wanna look good sitting outside the pub, the Harley is the lump for you. If you like to ride get a Jap bike up ya! I have a Suzuki RGV 250 Pepsi that keeps many a larger sports bike honest, and a Suzuki DRZ trail bike that runs up and down hills and rocky tracks like a swiss watch.
Sure the RGV is cramped a little for me (I am six foot) but it was the fastest thing I could get my hands on on my L's (this bike is no longer learner legal in Vic due to the new LAMS laws) and even now after 10 years of ownership the sound and smell of two stroke as I twist the throttle never fails to make me smile.
As for maintenance, the simplicity of the 2stroke engine mean repairs can be cheaper than equivalent repairs to a 4 stroke engine. Parts for an Aprilia could be a sticking point but there is a good source of parts for most RGV's.

Dude... Those bikes.. They're... INSIDE!!? Wow......

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
the sound and smell of two stroke as I twist the throttle never fails to make me smile..

ha its so true, i remember the first time i started my RGV it smelt like a boat ramp, such good memories,:thumbsup:

0402jimbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Yeah dude, the bikes live inside (i have a wide hallway) where they belong, you cant look at em in the garage!!!!!!
But seriously, I love making Harley riders sniff two stroke. And when if ever i get over this Peter Pan disease and finally grow up there will be a BMW K1200 tourer parked in the hall. Or maybe one of these beasts (see picture), choice of 350 or 502 big block makes this one hell of a weapon, they make a bike but this is the trike version

Attachments

• 2008 Flame Truck Trike 004.jpg
    2008 Flame Truck Trike 004.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 109