Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of getting a VF SS Ute

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi All,

Many years since I've posted on here, as I used to have a VS Berlina, but I'm now in the market for a VF II SS ute, so I'm specifically after any recommendations on Melbourne (east) or Victorian dealers that people might have dealt with and have had positive experiences with. I'm keen to make a move very soon on this, so any info people can provide would be great.

I'm not even sure if the ute is still being built, or there's just a stockpile of various models sitting around in holding yards etc. Ideally I wanted an SS or SSV in Regal Peacock Green, but it looks like that's no longer possible!

If you own a VF II SS... tell me how good or bad it is too!

Cheers Guys!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Traded in my 2015 VF1 SSV ute for a 2016 VF2 SSVR ute with factory fitted 20" wheels and tinted windows at $54,990 early this year, didn't want to pay extra $6,000 for 2017 model and didn't want the sport bar at the back as I transferred the old ladder rack over from the VF1. Driven it over 6,000 km since, touch wood, everything runs smoothly, very happy with it. Only worry is there isn't any spare wheel, the VF1 SSV has one. Fuel consumption is 0.5 litre/100 km more than VF1 but definitely worth it. If you can stretch your budget for SSVR, do it. The brembo brakes have saved me twice at roundabout already, the A pillar with wind shield screen makes it hard to see the on coming traffic. It takes time to get use to it.

Thof

JR Sen
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY13 VF SSV sedan - Phantom
G'day harvs82, whilst mines (ute) the MY17 redline, I can vouch for a big car it rides better than I expected it to, based on near 4 years of a MY13 VF SSV sedan ride, beautifully balanced and grippy through the twisties - mind you the bum does want to oversteer when pushed :) the noise is awesome noting I don't give a **** how much fuel costs... Not sure if the seat will be as comfy as the SSV - time will tell, but ergo and all driver bits n peicies are really very good, I personally am very happy with the interior fit, finish, materials, layout. A note though, GPS is ordinary at best, check elsewhere on this forum re MYLINK Sat Nav... I use the phone mostly anyway... Very quiet at speed although on rough bitumen, stock tyres a a bit noisy, not intrusive, but you hear 'EM. I find when doing back road punts and the road surface is bumpy 'n windy, the rear does move a little, I guess that's due to the lack of weight over the rear wheels :). Did I mention it sounds bloody awesome? I recommend a test drive if you can, and good luck finding one. They're out there, but you may need to give up a limb for one...;-)