Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of getting a WK/WL Stateman... wouldn't mind your opinions

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Hi all,

Its soon that time gain. In the next few months I'm going to get the next car.

I'm considering two options:
1) Get a sports car (BMW, Merc) and keep the VX Commodore
2) Buy a statesman and trade/sell the VX.

The VX is a great car and with the LPG conversion, runs as cheap as a pulsar. If I choose option 1 I'll keep it as a second car.

But then again... I'm more of the type of person who enjoys luxury over sports so I'm considering trading/selling the VX and upgrading to a WK or WL statesman. This option is more appealing right now. I see them in WA for about $20k - $30k with 50,000km - 80,000km on the clock. Not a bad price IMO considering all the luxuries. Wont get a Merc or BMW with those sort of goods for anywere near that price unless I get an early 90s model (no thanks).

Do any of you have any advice for me? Is the statesman as reliable as the commodore? I will of course convert it to LPG. I'm more-so after the V6 not V8.

Also, anyone got any comments of the Statesman, Statesman International and Caprice range? Caprice is about $5k to $10k more in same condition but is it worth it? No even sure what extras are in the International version.

DisplayImage.aspx
DisplayImage.aspx
DisplayImage.aspx

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Mate you'll be able to pick up a VE for the price you want to pay. Not necessarily a Stato but personally, the VE is a better deal.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
The statesman inter basically has some caprice bits added to it eg headlights, spotties and some minor interior bits and from memory only came in the WL range. The caprice will add, rear dvd, seat memory for the driver side and generally the V8 or supercharger or if its a WL 6 you'll have the 190 motor. If you had to pick between the 2 series WK or WL. If i were to convert one to gas, i would go with the wk just because its still got the ecotec (which you will be familiar with). The WL will have the HO190 and i haven't heard much about them being converted to gas. The upside of the WL is that you should have leather from factory. Its up to you, if you don't have any issue with your vx then get a weekend car. Just depends on what you want