Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of selling my SS

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
My VE SS is under 2-years old and even though it has been fantastically reliable, comfortable and a great drive I am thinking of selling it. I have owned cars this size before but recently have been thinking that I would prefer to be in a smaller and more economical performance car. I don't do the long distances (less than 15,000km in total) that the SS is ideal for so my city driving results in high fuel consumption. In these hard times this is an important factor. Parking is not really an issue though getting around the multi-storeys is sometimes a worry especially the way some people drive cutting corners and white lines and leaving their cars sticking out of the parking bays (and that's without mentioning the SUV herd).
Cars like the Golf GTi and Subaru Impreza WRX (STI) have taken my fancy though the quality and finish of the Impreza's interior would be a step down.
If there is anyone out there who has been in a similar situation and has had similar thoughts or if someone has some wise experience they could share to put my anxiety at ease please do post them here.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
have you had a test drive of of a wrx or gti, personally id have a few test drives see what you think your ss is a larger car plenty of room eg leg room, head space if your a larger kind of guy you might have issues with a smaller car like a wrx or golf, and if youve got other people in the car in the ss you have heaps of room easy 5 people in a golf or wrx youll struggle a bit i think, these are just a few thoughts ive had i might a have a few more later ill let you know

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
I have driven the current GTi (with DSG) and found it of a useable size. Sure the rear is smaller than the SS but then the SS is a much larger car. Haven't driven the WRX yet and am tempted to. Thing is I may go for a deal if I like it - plenty of good deals around aren't there?