Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of selling the SS

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Well, ive been thinking of selling the VX II SS and getting something else instead.
The problem is what else is there?
as much as i like driving the SS, and the fact its manual as well, i just cant see myself using it as a daily driver.
The leather is annoying after a while on warmer days, there are no real luxuries to speak of - sure it has air, elec windows etc but its just lacking the refinement that i enjoy.
i know a lot of you wont understand that but i like little luxuries, i like the feel of power (and the roar of a V8) but i also enjoy ride quality too.
i dont need to be bouncing around, feeling bumps in the road, hearing road noise all the time.
lately ive had more enjoyment driving the BA Fairmont instead - which says its time the SS went.
so, for a daily driver under 25k with comfort, power, style, quality and something i can live with and enjoy every day - what do i look at?
(6 speed is preferred over a 4 speed if at all possible)
BF XR8 or XR6T with Premium sound, 6 speed and sports leather is one option i have considered but id like a few more to make a better informed decision.

so, what would you consider under 25k that would fit the criterior - doesnt have to be a Holden or a Ford either.
it could be a 4cyl or a V10, for all i care it can run on Diesel too - whatever.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Well, ive been thinking of selling the VX II SS and getting something else instead.
The problem is what else is there?
as much as i like driving the SS, and the fact its manual as well, i just cant see myself using it as a daily driver.
The leather is annoying after a while on warmer days, there are no real luxuries to speak of - sure it has air, elec windows etc but its just lacking the refinement that i enjoy.
i know a lot of you wont understand that but i like little luxuries, i like the feel of power (and the roar of a V8) but i also enjoy ride quality too.
i dont need to be bouncing around, feeling bumps in the road, hearing road noise all the time.
lately ive had more enjoyment driving the BA Fairmont instead - which says its time the SS went.
so, for a daily driver under 25k with comfort, power, style, quality and something i can live with and enjoy every day - what do i look at?
(6 speed is preferred over a 4 speed if at all possible)
BF XR8 or XR6T with Premium sound, 6 speed and sports leather is one option i have considered but id like a few more to make a better informed decision.

so, what would you consider under 25k that would fit the criterior - doesnt have to be a Holden or a Ford either.
it could be a 4cyl or a V10, for all i care it can run on Diesel too - whatever.

My dad has a vz calais supercharged. the motor is so much more refined then the ecotec. The ride is incredibly smooth and, wack on a good exhaust am im sure it would make a good note, its also a good base to start with. It has MANY options and luxury items. suade everywhere, premium sound system, cd stacker, electric seats with memory, electic windows, mirrors, dual zone climate control, curtain airbags, traction control etc etc. From memory there are 26 computers running the show, even the dash lights have a dimmer switch not just 2 settings low or bright. The auto in it is ultra smooth aswell, its a 5 speed auto.

So, i suggest a vz calais :D they look mint and go hard like a holden should

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
My dad has a vz calais supercharged. the motor is so much more refined then the ecotec.

im guessing its not a factory supercharger

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
After being in one of the Vic guys WL Caprice, I can say those things are plenty luxurious with a bit of boot as well. Not to sure on prices, I do believe he got it for under 25, its like being in a chaffuer car.

Ps. If you sell your car give me a shout, im in the market for a manual VX SS.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Z3 maybe? unless you've got a bald spot :thumbsup:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Vy calais V8. Power with a few extras.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Do you know if the Fairmont Ghia's can have the XR6 turbo engine? If so then I'd definately be looking at that, luxury and an awesome drive train

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You want luxuries but then say you want an XR6T or XR8? The VX SS has nothing differing except the sound system

Go buy yourself a VY/VZ R8 or Senator. Can't go wrong there.