Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This ever happened to you - BONNET

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Haha this happened to me got a new windscreen fitted $160. sucked ass

COMMY VP 666

COMMY VP V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP
lol i see it is a regular thing, yeah i replaced hinges

and all good, you cant get it perfect unless you replace them, and the windscreen grr after the damage

thanks guys for confirming it

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You need to fit bonnet struts and brackets from a later model car(vr/s)...at the lower end the small ball joint bolt bracket goes under a bolt that screws into one of the guard attaching holes and you have to make a small plate with a nut welded on to for the ball joint stud to screw into on the other end and drill a couple of holes on the inner frame of the bonnet ...there is a space there for it just no hole...then as you raise the bonnet the gas pressure pulls the bonnet forward and the rear corners clear the windsreen easily...no more unnecessary windscreen replacements..worked for me....and the stay bar you can take off and throw away...I welded the holes up.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
yeah seen it happen a handful of times before. pain in the arse.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
lol i see it is a regular thing, yeah i replaced hinges

and all good, you cant get it perfect unless you replace them, and the windscreen grr after the damage

thanks guys for confirming it
yeah lol i got new hinges 2, actually changing them over was how it happened i want VP gas stuts

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Bugger, this has just happened on my vp, passenger side only, so it seems I'm up for a new hinge and of course the window. All I did was close the bonnet from the drivers side, not the middle and now this!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
All I needed was the bracket, cost me $6 today and sprayed the hinges with wd40 and voila all good :)

Now all I need is a new window, I've been quoted $262 with o'briens, anyone from Adelaide know a cheaper place to get one fitted? I might have to wait til tuesday to ring around...

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
$262 and they come out to you? thats a good price man prices vary from 300-450 callout.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I live like 2 mins from o'briens on marion rd though...by the way it sounded on the phone they said its $262 if they come to you or even if you take it to them, same price? Maybe it's as I am close?

I was just reading further up people paying $160-$180 for the window and was wondering if anywhere around Adelaide does them closer to that price...