Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this is a ridiculous request - booster seat help

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Guessing this won't be an often thing?

This thread gave me something interesting to google. The most basic pedal extensions just bolt onto the pedal with a u-bracket or sandwich bracket, could probably make your own pretty easily with some basic metalwork and some pedals from whatever wreck you can find:
hqdefault.jpg

Guessing yours don't need to be that long, so the swing of the pedals shouldn't change too much.

You could pick up a cheap VY/VZ seat rail and try to modify that or knock up some bracketry to move the seat forward, although that could be a pain TBH. You could also try and find a cheap bucket seat - I've bought a SAAS one off Gumtree for $50 before, which surprisingly was ADR approved - and use some adaptor brackets (also from SAAS or something) to fit it to the Commodore rail (just use the correct tensile bolts):
LBRACKET.jpg
its not a often thing, might be the last time I run it on the track :D and the worst part is that when it had the standard seats I could reach. Putting the Coulsons in changed the length just enough to give me this problem. I think the Coulson base sits a little further back on the rails than the standard seats do.

If the seat could go 1 more 'click' forward, would probably solve my issue honestly.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If the seat could go 1 more 'click' forward, would probably solve my issue honestly.
In that case you could probably just bolt some spacer type things with donor pedals on the front to them, you could probably mock it up with some wood a cable ties to make sure the concept works and trial what the right height would be.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
When I fitted Recaro's to my vh I used 50mm x 5mm flat bar steel lengthways that used the original holes and had box section steel welded across to suit the seats. You could move the box section forward to suit. I had no trouble getting it certified. An added bonus for yourself would be the added elevation.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
good guess ;)
its not like the adelaide scene doesnt know who he is :D

drove the daughters VZ today, and the seat is fine. It's definitely the Coulsons that make the seat sit back further. My VY Calais wasnt an issue either that I ever remembered.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
going to look at the seat rails on the Coulsons. See if they are in fact different to the standards, or if we can change the seat to rail mounting points.

given that Mr is not a tall bloke, if I change the rails and it can go forward more, then it wont impact him at all.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Pillow behind your back?

Should shift your body a smig forward enough to reach the pedals?