Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this is my vh that i brought for $400 dollars

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
heey there im pauly,
i own a vh commodore.. it needs a new any but i know where to get one really cheap,
just posted this new thread to see what you guys/ladies can tell me what i should to do it
i'm currently located in noble park..

at the moment im careing for my dad as he is too sick to take care of himself.. he used to own a vc commodore ( wagon ). he would like to see me do this car up so then i have something to do to pass time

i love working on cars and i love installing new things on cars i have been working on cars since i was 7yrs old and im now 16 almost 17 i would just like to know what u guys think i should do to it
but please let me advise use im on a low budget i only get $820 a fortnight and i would like to do this car up the cheapest way i can.

thankyou for taking time to read this post :D have a great day peoples and good luck with the upgrades of ur vehicles most of them look really nice and i enjoy looking at ur rides, use always leaving me hanging for more and more.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
hey Pauly, post some pictures up so we have something to work with
Some more info on the car would be handy too. Like what size engine is it ? Is it an auto or manual ? What is the condition of the engine ? Does it run well, or need attention ? Rust ? Is the suspension worn out or in reasonable condition ? Standard springs, lowered springs ? etc

When you say you want to 'do the car up', do you simply want to restore it back to good condition, or are you looking at some performance upgrades etc
There's a link to my VH in my signature, check it out if you want, might give you some ideas. You'd be surprised how many things you can do on a budget if you are willing to put in the time, effort and use the old noggin' ;)

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
hey darren,
yeah the suspentions great and the guy im buying it off has also put new breaks on it and the engine that use too be in it an old 202 3.3ltr ( blue ) that engine is stuffed i know that for sure

the tyres are in fair condtion may need to be replaced but ill post some photos to show u guys ill need to respray it but i was planing on respraying it anyways not sure what colour would go well but anyways ill post some photos up and u can check it out for yourself. there is no rust that i have been told about the car is automatic i have been for a cruze in the car once before with the old 202 motor in it ran pretty smooth to be honest..

Attachments

• Pauls car to be 004.jpg
    Pauls car to be 004.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 319
  • Pauls car to be 002.jpg
    Pauls car to be 002.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 357
  • Pauls car to be 007.jpg
    Pauls car to be 007.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 322
  • Pauls car to be 008.jpg
    Pauls car to be 008.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 550

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
It's alright man chill i still probley gotta spend a **** load to get it to where i want it lmafo!

p.s your car looks nice mate.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
Does Anyone know where i can pick up a cheap engine for my vh ? around melbourne !

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Nice fine mate! Got any wreckers around there, just ring around see if they have anything. Will probably want an arm and a leg for it but...

LOL, Ari's just bummed cause he's looking for exactly that, a nice body/shell of a VH (doesn't need a motor) and swap his VK's engine/running gear into it!

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
ohh haha poor Ari' keep looking buddy you'll find someone :D good luck... this wreckers in dandy wants 600 dollars for a secondhand 202 motor but an exstra $400 dollars to put it in for me ! :mad: i was like ohhh come on buddy gosh i just paid 600dollars for it! LOL im not sure if i should go there thou because i rang up the other day to see if he still had any left and he said he doesnt have any left and his not sure if his got any more engines like that!

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
hey hey peoples i was just searching through my computer and i also found these photo's :p

spare tyre needs to be changed for sure!

Attachments

• Pauls_car_to_be_003.jpg
    Pauls_car_to_be_003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Pauls_car_to_be_001.jpg
    Pauls_car_to_be_001.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 262

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
For $400 mate that looks like a pretty good buy. Just browse all of the local classifieds and forums becuase im sure someone would have a 202. As for the respray why not just touch it up with a spray can? Find out the original colour, go to an auto store and buy the good touch up paint and paint it by hand. Will look 1000 times better.