Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Those with suspension upgrades .......

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I haven't even really started to look at suspension options yet however its about time I did.

For those who have replaced their stock suspension with either coil-overs or insert/spring options could you please let me know what you got and what you think of them on your VF ..... 6 or 8 doesnt matter

Cheers
Dan

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
hey Dan how you going man? Im thinking of going ultra low king springs. just not sure if i need to go for the monroe shortened shocks as well with them or not.
I had the springs only on my E1 clubsport and it sat nice

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I just replaced my FE3 springs with King Spring Lows (25mm drop) and it has made a vast difference to how it rides, noticeably less body roll & sharper turn in. Honestly I was very surprised with the massive difference that just replacing the springs has made to how an already good handling car handles!

With regards to Ultra Lows, I wouldn't do it. My cousins VF Clubby is on ultra lows and is bouncy as hell, ride quality is totally **** and it is pretty much riding on bump stops. In the wet if he hits a decent bump the car steps out. My brother in law has a VE Clubby on Super Lows and has similar issues but not as bad.

I'd probably recommend superlows and shortened shocks like the Monroes, if you don't care about the 1/3 suspension travel stupid laws etc. Else go the Lows on FE3 shocks, or coilovers.

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
I'm Running Pedder's 30mm drop springs in my VF Redline, They call them super lows but no where near as low as a king super lows.

I rate the dual rate springs that Pedder's offer over king springs as they certainly don't have a harsh feel to them, Unlike king springs which do offer a firmer rate, Which is a personal choice.
I do have to do the "Hectic Bro" crawl over sharp angled speed humps and odd shaped driveways however as it will touch headers on the ground, and something else up front...opps.

Bottom line is if you like the low look and don't want a harsh ride, I would recommend Pedder's springs all the way. I have plenty of pictures in my profile gallery's if your after some images and also under VF show my ride section.

Ohh and After 18,500KMS there's no issues yet..

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I'm Running Pedder's 30mm drop springs in my VF Redline, They call them super lows but no where near as low as a king super lows.

I rate the dual rate springs that Pedder's offer over king springs as they certainly don't have a harsh feel to them, Unlike king springs which do offer a firmer rate, Which is a personal choice.
I do have to do the "Hectic Bro" crawl over sharp angled speed humps and odd shaped driveways however as it will touch headers on the ground, and something else up front...opps.

Bottom line is if you like the low look and don't want a harsh ride, I would recommend Pedder's springs all the way. I have plenty of pictures in my profile gallery's if your after some images and also under VF show my ride section.

Ohh and After 18,500KMS there's no issues yet..

I have the same setup. Pic in My Garage.

My Garage

Sawndz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have eibach springs with bilstein shocks all round. Absolutely love it, handles like its on rails, rides very comfortably and doesn't scrape.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
I have sv6 sedan. Khrl 151ssl fronts and khrl 152ssl rears. (SL being low and ssl being super low. Dumb i know) sits flat. Ride is awesome

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Yes surprised how well the car feels on the stock suspension ! However the 4wd height is not so attractive.

Thanks all to those who have given me your setups and thoughts !

I better get my finger out and get some ordering done soon I think ;)

Hey we44pn mate so Lon since we caught up !! When I am in Sydney again we have to catch up and go for a spin ;)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I probably should mention that my ride definitely is not 'bouncy' but it is noticeably firmer, which I like!

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
anyone with Ultra lows fitted???? I really want the look where it sits just over the tyre like my clubby did.