Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts on this track VT

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
LOL. Because race car!

Apparently the HSV memcal can change the make of a vehicle from a Commodore to a HSV. And those Monaro 'big brakes' look very standard VT to me. And I assume the fire extinguisher is because the car is so **** it keeps catching fire.

Car is unroadworthy due to the back seat. And the colour scheme.........yeah no.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
And I assume the fire extinguisher is because the car is so **** it keeps catching fire.

Car is unroadworthy due to the back seat. And the colour scheme.........yeah no.

You answered these concerns in your first line.

Because race car!

Most organised track days require harnessing, hence the back seat being removed for stiffener bar, and a fire extinguisher as a precaution. The removal of the rear seat is a weight saver for said track days.

This car is not being advertised as a street/daily car. It's being advertised as a weekend track day car.

IMO a lot of work as been done in regards to weight loss and stiffener bar+harness fitment. For 3k it is a decent entry level track car already set up for you. You would need a trailer to move it around as it is clearly not registered or able to be. IMO if you are looking for a track car search further than gumtree. But yes, you could buy it as a parts car also, however being it was a track car would you want to? It has clearly been thrashed regularly

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
You answered these concerns in your first line.

Most organised track days require harnessing, hence the back seat being removed for stiffener bar, and a fire extinguisher as a precaution. The removal of the rear seat is a weight saver for said track days.

This car is not being advertised as a street/daily car. It's being advertised as a weekend track day car.

IMO a lot of work as been done in regards to weight loss and stiffener bar+harness fitment. For 3k it is a decent entry level track car already set up for you. You would need a trailer to move it around as it is clearly not registered or able to be. IMO if you are looking for a track car search further than gumtree. But yes, you could buy it as a parts car also, however being it was a track car would you want to? It has clearly been thrashed regularly

Exactly gaiter, for $3k it's had a lot of stuff done to make it a fun viable amateur race car ie suspensions mods for a start. No one would buy this to re-register it. And of course it's been thrashed -it's a race car. That's the point.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
All the parts are prolly worn out sooooo.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Who's to say all the mods have been done right? That cheap just screams cut corners and thrashed to me.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Exactly gaiter, for $3k it's had a lot of stuff done to make it a fun viable amateur race car ie suspensions mods for a start. No one would buy this to re-register it. And of course it's been thrashed -it's a race car. That's the point.

So whats the point of the thread?

You wanna buy it? then buy it.

If not buying it, dont understand this thread

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
I ended my opening post with "Thoughts?" Conversation bro. Forums need it.