Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Robbo77

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
The time has come once again for new tyres so thought I'd see if anyone has any feedback and opinions on these following tyres:
(245/40R19)
Kumho PS91
Kumho KU39
Bridgestone Potenza S001
Pirelli DragonSport
What would be best of these or any other recommendations?
Any info appreciated
Cheers

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I've got the Pirelli Dragonsports in 245/35/20 on my VE.

Done just on 12k kms since June last year.

Good grip, wet or dry, not noisy and seem to be wearing well.

At this stage I would buy them again.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
I'm using Dunlop SPORT MAXX 050+ and no complains. Not a tyre expert though.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
@Robbo77 I've just put some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's on my Calais V, in the same size as yours. Don't bother with anything else, these tyres are fantastic. Quiet, smooth, comfortable and with tenacious grip, these are what should have been fitted as original equipment instead of the noisy, inflexible, thumping Bridgestone Turanzas. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I have the S001s on the front of my ute. You don't hear much about them. They weren't too expensive if I remember right. I have never reached the limit on grip, wet or dry, but I don't drive it to the limit on the street. They are pretty quiet, and ride well too. IMO they seem as good or better than the re050.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I have the S001s on the front of my ute. You don't hear much about them. They weren't too expensive if I remember right. I have never reached the limit on grip, wet or dry, but I don't drive it to the limit on the street. They are pretty quiet, and ride well too. IMO they seem as good or better than the re050.

I had them on my Calais with Rapiers. They were quieter than the Bridgstones on the standard 19’s.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’m actually of the opinion that, unless you’re in the same car for like 80k kms per year, it’s almost difficult to be disappointed with a set of reasonably priced (by which I mean NOT dodgy $20 tyres made of Chinesium nor Coopers made of basalt) tyres. As long as someone has been OK with a set of something, if you’ve not back-to-back compared in the same car (and in slightly dodgy conditions or pushing hard) you won’t ever know whether you could’ve fitted something else that would’ve been better.

There are exceptions (eg. i once bought a set of the first incarnation of Goodyear Eagle Aquatreads - awful, awful slippery tyre) ... but I doubt many. :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
There are exceptions (eg. i once bought a set of the first incarnation of Goodyear Eagle Aquatreads - awful, awful slippery tyre) ... but I doubt many. :)

Similar to Dunlop Aquaplane radials? :cool: