Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts or advice on buying a 2016 SS V wagon

Profits of doom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ADVENTRA LX6
Hi , I think I previously posted on the wrong thread so I’m hoping to get responses here !
I have to sell my Adventra LX6 that I’ve loved .. I can go either way - get a 4WD or a V8 that I’ve always wanted to own..
It’s been tricky to borrow money because the lenders are valuing the cars at way less that what the market is at this point in time .
so is $53,000 too much to pay ? If I have to give it up in a couple of years, do you guys think I’ll lose a heap of cash ??
my man says it’s my call ..
Thanks for reading this .. any sort of feedback will be greatly appreciated, cheers , georgie
Oh it has 92000 on the clock !

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You're making the right choice not going for the wobbly, wandery ponderous 4WD. :)

Yeah I reckon your guy is right on the "it's your call". I think prices are up, at the moment, and it's my suspicion they'll recede back to normal as life starts to normalise a bit (ie. over the next few years). So while that $53k might be a little on the high side when I look at what's available on CarSales, it's not super-duper high in terms of the current market ... but I think depreciation will get to you in a way that's unusual for a used car (probably no worse than if you'd bought a new one for that sort of money though).

I suspect that popular reliable 4WD's will be in the same circumstance, at the moment.

Profits of doom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ADVENTRA LX6
Wobbly, wandery, ponderous. ! Yes . And floaty ..
So Forg , you think there is a ‘bubble’ ? Even if I drove it for a year or 2 then resold ?
It’s the last roll of the dice for me to ever own an iconic V8 ..
If I take the dogs into consideration I should get the friggin Ford Everest
Thanks for the reply , sincerely

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
Wobbly, wandery, ponderous. ! Yes . And floaty ..
So Forg , you think there is a ‘bubble’ ? Even if I drove it for a year or 2 then resold ?
It’s the last roll of the dice for me to ever own an iconic V8 ..
If I take the dogs into consideration I should get the friggin Ford Everest
Thanks for the reply , sincerely

prices wont go down, its the last of the v8s, looking back at the market for collectible past 25 years, Aussie muscle cars for the most part have only increased in value over time , in fact company's have been set up that are now buying and storing late model aussie muscle cars for investors,
they wont be making any more vf2 ls3 aussie made cars any more and get in while you can
be it ford or valiant, holden any stand out aussie build car ,they wont be getting cheaper
the vf2 is the last and best car ever made in australia and will always increase in value, even the v6 cars are more expencive to by now than when new
owing a vf2 ss is better than money in the bank at the moment

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
prices wont go down, its the last of the v8s, looking back at the market for collectible past 25 years, Aussie muscle cars for the most part have only increased in value over time , in fact company's have been set up that are now buying and storing late model aussie muscle cars for investors,
they wont be making any more vf2 ls3 aussie made cars any more and get in while you can
be it ford or valiant, holden any stand out aussie build car ,they wont be getting cheaper
the vf2 is the last and best car ever made in australia and will always increase in value, even the v6 cars are more expencive to by now than when new
owing a vf2 ss is better than money in the bank at the moment
If the same 2015 Suzuki Swift GL wasn't worth more now than it was 18 months, I'd agree with you. :)
It's a "blip".
Yeah traditionally, once they'd depreciated down to something like 30% of their original cost, performance or top-of-the-range variants have generally started to have embiggened values again. But it's always taken a long time before the next-specs-down started to do the same.

I don't think you'll lose an absolute bucketload. A good sub-100k km SS-V should probably be about a high $30k-ish car now, so worst-case that extra $15k is the most you'll be "losing" after things reset. The problem is, by the time they do reset, there won't be as many good condition ones around, they may not be that easy to find, it really depends on how much you want that V8 (I mean we paid probably about a $15k premium to get one when we bought new!).

Profits of doom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ADVENTRA LX6
How long will there be a ‘blip’ before the dip ??!
thanks for doing the sums for me . It makes sense.
does all of this also apply to the Calais v wagon ?
I’m really taking all of this on board and I am grateful for a discussion rather than confirmation bias which I was kind of seeking because I wanted to simply be told ‘damn get that V8 in a hurry’
Thanks again

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is the sunroof aftermarket?
I ask because I didn't know it was an option on the wagon.
Also is this a model year 2015 or is it a 2015-built but model year 2016?

Profits of doom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ADVENTRA LX6
Ah ****, I didn’t check if it is model year 2015 or 2015 built model year 2016 .. does it matter ??
the sunroof is after market put in by prestige sunroof people who are supposed to be reputable. The car was sold by bay city Holden and did all the servicing. There are receipts for everything..
I’ll try to put a link to the video the dealer did up .