Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thread locker

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I use green on most things where I need it. Issue with having three different types for three different jobs is it goes off and becomes ineffective once its shelf life expires.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I don’t get the torque ratings to get movement.

The red apparently requires heat for 1min and then torque to release the bolt. Now that seems fine, but the torque specs suggest it only requires 20Nm to get movement. That would suggest the bolt torque plus 20Nm prevailing torque to achieve movement. So why the heat? In the case of the control arms of heat were applied, there’d be a fire as the bushes burnt.

So a thread lock not requiring heat would be needed.

There’s no way the bolts concerned can be torqued to spec because I haven’t seen a torque wrench that goes to 360Nm. They did come out easily with an extension bar as well. Permanent strength red? Px26210

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I use Loctite because I always have

Blue 243 for fixtures I definitely don't want to come loose

Pink 222 for everything else

My Harley should be sponsored by Loctite

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
All these companies have a technical support line which you can ring and put your concerns (about which of their products is best for control arm bolts, heat and such) directly to them.

I found Loctite’s technical support line rather helpful when discussing the rolled crank pulley key that mangled the crank keyway in one of my cars. The vehicle manufacturer said I needed a new crank or preferably a short block… After some discussion with Loctite tech support and some docs sent to me, $100 of Loctite gear and some elbow grease and the crank was new again :p

So if you have any doubts, ring the, and ask as they are more than happy to advise :cool:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I use Loctite because I always have

Blue 243 for fixtures I definitely don't want to come loose

Pink 222 for everything else

My Harley should be sponsored by Loctite
Blue 243 for most Harley stuff (rocker bolts etc). Alot of kits come with a mini tube just to be sure you use it.

The only exception I have come across is the compensator bolt. Drown that one in red loctite!
I had mine come loose once from too many drag launches.