Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Three fuel pumps in two months

miss_trucka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Cheers, thats really helpful! Im glad you showed me that...

Ill get onto my aunty on monday and order the new hose... :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
For the quick connector thats used in the tank,you will need the proper quick connector release tool to undo these type of connectors,you can buy them cheap at auto stores,it makes the job a hell of a lot easier.Ive seen people break these connectors because they didnt know how to get them undone.Sometimes theres quick connectors used on the fuel rail supply/return fuel lines under the bonnet....If you have these fitted at the fuel rail,you can have a good look at them to get an idea of how they work etc.Even practise undoing them a few times before trying to get the one inside the fuel tank.

Last edited:

miss_trucka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help you have offered, I would have kept replacing the pumps until i burnt the entire car

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
For the quick connector thats used in the tank,you will need the proper quick connector release tool to undo these type of connectors,you can buy them cheap at auto stores,it makes the job a hell of a lot easier.Ive seen people break these connectors because they didnt know how to get them undone.Sometimes theres quick connectors used on the fuel rail supply/return fuel lines under the bonnet....If you have these fitted at the fuel rail,you can have a good look at them to get an idea of how they work etc.Even practise undoing them a few times before trying to get the one inside the fuel tank.

the new one you get with the new return fuel line is a little different that you can push on both sides with your fingers to release....not like the older type that needs a tool to release...its almost too easy but it works ok.