Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body 100% open HOW-TO

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
hallo ? anyone

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Looks ok : ) but you can smooth that ridge sticking up before the bored section if you want and give a smoother entry right at the front on the throttle bodies inlet if you have a die grinder.

HSV 3800 memcal will get you going for a start, if you can burn it yourself there are links to download the binary on these forums

Z

Z()LTAN

that looks vurtually 100% mate i wouldnt bother, spend time thinking about other upgrades u could do, like a custom CAI maby?

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
im thinking i might just get my engine fixed up a little to get it ready for my turbo project. if i could find someone that is willing to make a turbo manifold i would just go strait out and get it all done.

i now know for a fact that a bone stock v6 can handle 12PSi without ANY problems what so ever ( as long as the engine is half healthy ), So upgrading the internals like i want to might just be a waste of money, but at least it will be a little safer.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Venomous, I've almost finished collecting all the parts I need to make a complete and working t04 turbo, it's costing me much more than just buying a good low km used one but hey I never could find the right sized one all in one go anyway and now I have spare parts and different sized housings. Might have cost $600 by the time it's all good as new then I'll need injectors and some pipes and hrm, I can see it costing $1500 just to get the turbo bolted on and running. Then I'll need a set of pistons and a engine rebuild too, if for no other reason than to stop bits of pistons breaking my turbo :)

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
nice man, but the question thats been daunting me for ever. whos making your turbo manifold? and is it for buick or ecotech ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'll make it from the VN tube headers with a bit of cutting and welding :D if anyone wants a cheap turbo I suggest you get on ebay right now because there is some good ones going right now

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Garrett-T04-...596179625QQcategoryZ72478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Garrett-T04-...596179974QQcategoryZ72478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GARRETT-T4-B...597504300QQcategoryZ72478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The third one seems a real bargin I'm tempted to buy it myself because my old crusty turbo has cost me about that much already and it's not running yet, he has some injectors too

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
yeah that last one seems ok but do you know what HP its rated at?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's probably a bit big for a VN V6 really, would go better on the 5 litre : )

P

PMP-CAL

Just a quick q. about grinding the TB. Would there not be a reason for it being restricted to 85% opening? Doing this mod could be damaging to the motor no? But on the same token why would the opening vary from car to car?