Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Body cleaning

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Injectors maxing out is going to happen because a film a few microns thick is on the TB? Now I've heard it all.
nothing to do with the throttle body i was comparing your "accounted for" statement meaning just because its accounted for dosnt make it correct, my example is if ur injectors are failing and the trims account for it till there maxed out dosnt make it right

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
nothing to do with the throttle body i was comparing your "accounted for" statement meaning just because its accounted for dosnt make it correct, my example is if ur injectors are failing and the trims account for it till there maxed out dosnt make it right
At that stage you would get a lean code indicating there is an issue. The injectors have quite a lot of head room but alas that's comparing apples to atoms so your analogy is a bad one.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
At that stage you would get a lean code indicating there is an issue. The injectors have quite a lot of head room but alas that's comparing apples to atoms so your analogy is a bad one.
once again ur not reading my post, i cant go on explaining it so it is what it is ill keep my TB clean and u can let yours go dirty and we are all happy

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just clean the flippin’ throttle body.

* gets chair *
* gets popcorn *

Are we not changing oil or doing transmission services now as well?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
FBW TB's don't have IAC, AAC, etc valves.
Idle control is carried out by minute movement of the butterfly.
Any crud on the edge of the butterfly or bore of the TB will alter idle airflow, ECU can compensate only so far, until it runs out of authority.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Whenever I take my car's in for service I always get the throttle body cleaned. Those service guys are so thoughtful to always call me in a concerned manner and notify me that it needs to get done

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
This thread reminds me why I service my own car. So called mechanics who don't give a **** and work on the she'll be right mate till it starts to run like **** approach!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just clean the flippin’ throttle body.

* gets chair *
* gets popcorn *

Are we not changing oil or doing transmission services now as well?
Don't you know transmissions are sealed for the life (of the fluid ) these days?