Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body issue ?

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Mate the valve just pulls out if you grab it with pliers or vice grips and twist. There is no thread on there or anything. But put a bit of rubber on there before grabbing and don't squash it. It is just a nipple really.

The ventilation comes from suction from the plenum, so not much would be coming out the valve once you pull the hose off. After you clean it and drill it out the engine will be sucking clean air from the pipe going into the intake in front of the throttle body - second one, that comes out of Robbie the Robot's arm and that goes around to the back of Bank 1 - and will be circulating it through the motor to come back out of the valve and go into the plenum.

You won't believe how much air it circulates. It gets some real suction going. Smart thing to do is put a catch can in between the valve and the plenum to catch all the shocking crap that comes out and prevent it from going back into the engine.

Last edited:

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc
Mate the valve just pulls out if you grab it with pliers or vice grips and twist. There is no thread on there or anything. But put a bit of rubber on there before grabbing and don't squash it. It is just a nipple really.

The ventilation comes from suction from the plenum, so not much would be coming out the valve once you pull the hose off. After you clean it and drill it out the engine will be sucking clean air from the pipe going into the intake in front of the throttle body - second one, that comes out of Robbie the Robot's arm and that goes around to the back of Bank 1 - and will be circulating it through the motor to come back out of the valve and go into the plenum.

You won't believe how much air it circulates. It gets some real suction going. Smart thing to do is put a catch can in between the valve and the plenum to catch all the shocking crap that comes out and prevent it from going back into the engine.

so which side is it on the right hand side valve cover when looking at the engine bay ?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Thank you for your help all the way from Mecca

but read the thread

so does the valve cover need to come of ?

also i can see oil in my intake tube but my question is as the engines idling i see blow by coming out the PCV valve hose it goes to the intake tube am i right ?
just the plastic cover and the engine does definitely runs smoother after you do this mod because it can breathe

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
On any one I've seen you don't need to remove the valve cover. Valve is seated in there and just pulls out.

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc
awesome

well il be removing valve cover next week

anyway thought i fixed my rough idle with a good TB cleaning as a bit of oil is in there , now its back !

all sensors seem to read well throttle position to accelerator , fuel trims are quite low

MAF sensor looked clean ,

might have to do spark plugs also with valve cover gasket and clean out the PCV valve

anything else to look for ?