Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body issue ?

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc
Hey

Have got a bit of a rough idle on a 190kw alloytec doesn't seem to be coils or plugs or injectors etc

i am aiming now at the throttle body due to when the car is at idle its sitting on 15% open when idle and 88% when fully opened WOT

is a scan tool needed or such if i replace the Throttle body ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
its sitting on 15% open when idle and 88% when fully opened WOT

Fairly sure these would be in the realm of normal percentages at those throttle positions for a car with drive by wire. Being open at idle is to compensate for there not being an IAC valve on a drive by wire setup.

Maybe try a throttle relearn, or try the Alloytec PCV mod as I've read a couple of posts that say it makes the car idle and run slightly better.

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc
Also what is this PCV valve mod

as i have removed a pipe in the back of the passenger side valve cover which then goes to the intake piping tube and it looked drilled out or such the little 1/8" hole i believe.

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
1620062554236.png

Sliding_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exc

ok i have cleaned the throttle body out and let the engine suck up 1/3 of a can of TB cleaner seems to idle alot smoother now

Also the rear right connect to right valve cover is the PCV valve fitted inside the actual valve cover i remove a hose and see a bit of blow-by coming out which leads to intake no vacuum on it though just atmospheric pressure is this correct?