Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

throttle body problem?

Rg123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina II
hey guys.
ok this is what happened. i took off my throttle body to clean it out and as i thought it was packed with black cr*p. anyway ive put it all back together and now the engine light has come on, and after driving it for a km or so the revs are going all over the place. when i get to about 40km and the gear changes i lose all power and the revs climb roughly up to 3000 without any drive being permited. also if i keep my foot on the exalerater lightly at about 40km the revs go up and down rather than constantly up. it was working perfectly before i took the throttle body off so im guesn it is sumthing to do with it maybe the sensors connected to it? :S please help

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Go back all over it and make sure all sensors are plugged in correctly in the correct place. Also make sure you have reconnected the vacuum hoses.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hopefully you didnt let throttlebody cleaner go into the TPS sensor that kills them fast as if by any chance it has dribbled in there you may need a new one check the codes with a paper clip and see what code you get

Rg123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina II
actually i might have? i just checked and code 22 came up, throttle postition sensor low voltage?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
will be full of horrible black crud and carby cleaner most likely stuffed now if its all plugged in properly that is

Rg123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina II
ye thats what i thought it was so i took it apart and double checked i plugged it in again making sure it was in properly. but ye didnt fix it n now that code 22 has come up im guesn the sensor is screwed

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
reset the ecu buy pulling the engine fuse and efi fuse in the engine bay or pulling the negative off the battery and see if the code goes away if not get another TPS

Rg123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina II
just have still there. guna replace it n see how it goes from there cheers mate

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
how did you go new TPS fix it all up.