Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body question

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Honestly, better buying new, then you know it works.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
make sure you get the right one .one is grey on the end and the other is black on the end and they turn different directions

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
make sure you get the right one .one is grey on the end and the other is black on the end and they turn different directions

How can I tell which one I will need? The top plastic bit where the color would be is missing.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Match the type of car they're off. I am pretty certain that all the VN-VR TPS are the same.

Do watch for the little plastic adaptor that matches the TPS hole to the throttle shaft as it's easy to miss it if it stays with the TB. It can then get lost and the TPS won't move as one with the throttle shaft (= fault code). You may or may not have that adaptor but look out for it ayway.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Match the type of car they're off. I am pretty certain that all the VN-VR TPS are the same.

Do watch for the little plastic adaptor that matches the TPS hole to the throttle shaft as it's easy to miss it if it stays with the TB. It can then get lost and the TPS won't move as one with the throttle shaft (= fault code). You may or may not have that adaptor but look out for it ayway.

This is all that's left of the TPS that was attached to my TB:

lSvwHR0.jpg

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
That little white piece at the bottom in the middle of the pic is the bit you need to keep.