Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] Throttle body spacers

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ ute with v6 commodore motor, gbox and diff
hey fellas due to the lack on info on tb spacers for buick motors ive decided just to make some and see what happens, im hoping it has the same/similar affect as mace's plenum lid spacer, ive made 2, one between the tb and the elbow and another between the elbow and manifold, my throttle body is a smoothed and polished standard 60mm, there not massive, only 8mm each, im converting a vp v6/t5 and diff into my hq ute and im not sure how much space im going to have until its all in hence why ive started small, once the motors back in i might make 2 more somewhere from 12-20mm each depending on what fits,
if anybody around Dubbo nsw wants to be a guinea pig to see if theyres any noticeable gains id like to try them out, anyway heres some photos, not much to see but never the less
20120701_183503.jpg

here they are done, mocked up to a s1 vn motor
20120702_150200.jpg

cheers

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Wont make any difference because its steel, might even make the heat issue worse

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wont make any difference because its steel, might even make the heat issue worse
yeah i know ill test them before the motor gets too hot and the heat spreads, just to see if theres any benifits to warrant going any further with them, if nothing else theyve increased the plenum capacity a tiny bit lol

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Good idea mate but the heat will still be there try some plexiglass

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
as soon as i can find someone willing to try them ill go from there, mates got a mill so ill use that and make them from something else
anyone in/near Dubbo Nsw want to volunteer?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The only two replies and there both going on about the problem with heat. Spacers are not designed to reduce heat, they are designed to increase volume and or length. MACE plenum and manifold spacers have an added bonus of reducing heat transfer (being that there made out of a heat resistant material).

V6Q, There should be a small gain in throttle response, and possibly the slightest gain in torque.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Make em out of compressed cardboard/mdf and thatll solve your heat issues. I dont think youll get much power increase from these tbh.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Back in November 2007 I see Mace put a twin throttle manifold on a VX V6 and then got Dave at SAS to spend a few hours doing a dyno tune and ECU re-map. The manifold and tune COMBINED got the owner a total of 5 killerwasps. The article did not separate how much of the 5 kw was due to tune and how how much was due to manifold.

Nor did it say what the cost was to get these 5 kilowasps........The article was in November 2007 Street Commodres magazine.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
If Holden had fitted these at the factory I cannot help but think that there would be a sticky on this very forum about how to remove these spacers so that you get more power and better fuel economy or something..............

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If Holden had fitted these at the factory I cannot help but think that there would be a sticky on this very forum about how to remove these spacers so that you get more power and better fuel economy or something..............

There not a restriction, so there would be no need to remove them.