Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body throwing

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Just wondering.... my crs supercharger made a suspect noise tonight as i took my car for a spin. :ranting: Haven't been able to look at the engine yet as its night time but i'm guessing its thrown the charger off the TB. I know people have had this problem before with these kits so i'm only guessing. How much does it cost to get the TB mounted infront of the charger??:bang:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
well shouldnt cost too much if you do all the fabrication yourself

you'll need to extend a few things such as the throttle cable, kick down cable i think and if you have cruize control that cable aswell,

you'll also need to do something about the IAC valve, they'res ALOT of messing round involved

as for a price to pay someone, im not sure but i dont imagine it would be cheap due to the parts that are required, you'd need a pipe made to replace the throttle body to mount to the SC14 and a adaptor plate build for the supercharger to mount the TB on,

does the system have a Blow off valve fitted??? you sure its venting all the excess pressure as required???

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Started it this morning after fidling round with the TB. It started fine drove fine and had no problems. I have not had it tuned yet and the blow off valve is not going to the map sensor it just goes in the engine bay... I will see how it goes tommorow.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Cheers though i have seen them all. I just needed to konow if anyone could describe the sound it made when the TB was moved away from the charger...