Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

throttle body upgrade vn 5L

chevdreamer

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT Wagon
any idea's on a larger throttle body for my 5L or even a twin set up. And no i dont want to pay 5k for a group a set up.

commiedoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive vn calais
i put a bored out standard t/b on my 5 lt calais .it is 70 mm . didnt notice any great gain and it has a whistle caused by the air rushing past the two hole for the carcoal canister ..instead of them being tiny they are now about 5 mm across .

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Yeah either go different manifold setup with single throttle body on top - or maybe a Starr setup (although hard to find) if u still like the factory look. Depends if you're looking for a different look.

Incidentally, I have just bought a Walky setup for my 355 that cost a small fortune!!! So I'm selling my Redline and forward facing plenum and t/b setup. If you want pics just PM or email me mate.

vp_exec

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Motor Head MFG in melbourne, are currently developing a twin TB setup for 5L, complete kit to install under factory bonnet supposed to be around the $2000 mark.....

Last edited: