Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Body

M

MavVP

Well finally got around to pulling out my throttle body yesterday, not quite as hard as i thought it would be (Gregory's Books Rock). I disconnected the sensors and the vacume lines and took off the throttle cable. The condition of the throttle body could only be described as "yuk". there was a strange glob of milky white stuff at the base of the butterfly and a small trickle running towards the air flow side.
After about 30 mins with autosol the inside looked very nice and shiny. Let me say as well that the butterfly is a bitch to get out and even more of a female rabid dog to get back in. while i was there i took out the map sensor, welcome to crud town population one map sensor. again i attacked it with the autosol and it looked much nicer. Put everything back together and kicked it over, (pause for effect) and she started very nicely and purred. Took it for a drive and noticed the acelleration and performance was instant and pants soiling, i was cheering (from the bathroom).

Overall time to take it out clean it and put it back in was max 2 hours. But it was defiently worth it, took it for a quick drive this morning to get my air con fixed and it purred really nicely.

Fi your thinking of trying to get some more performance out of your car for no cost defenitly do this to your car.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
MavVP said:
....The condition of the throttle body could only be described as "yuk". there was a strange glob of milky white stuff at the base of the butterfly and a small trickle running towards the air flow side.....

Why is it white? Mine didn't have a 'strange glob of milky white stuff'. All i know is it should be really black, with a little film of oil. The only way it would be white is if it had water in the oil.

Anyway, back on topic, you do get a nicer idle, and a little bit of extra power out of the motor....