Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body

7shane0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore sedan
Hey all, im in the process of getting some custom headers made up (got a friend that works at performance shop so the fabrication is mates rates :p) i was reading through some old street commodore magazines and found that the V8 throttle body will fit on the buick 6 hence the one in my car, im guessing the v8 throttle body will be off the 304 in the same era. has anyone got some advice whether its actually worth fitting the v8 throttle body on the buick? thanks

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
its not really worth it, it will only flow more air, and not much hp, but if ucan pick one up for pretty cheap then go ahead, with CAI, extractors, exhaust, bigger leads u may feel a big difference

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
hey dirbatua how much you chasin for the tb? and will you post

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
ok then thats sweet ill give you 80 plus postage

daniel ohan

thanks 4 helping
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commo vr s series 2
Hey all, im in the process of getting some custom headers made up (got a friend that works at performance shop so the fabrication is mates rates :p) i was reading through some old street commodore magazines and found that the V8 throttle body will fit on the buick 6 hence the one in my car, im guessing the v8 throttle body will be off the 304 in the same era. has anyone got some advice whether its actually worth fitting the v8 throttle body on the buick? thanks

hi well the v6 tb is 60mm and the v8 tb is 65mm ive been told it dosnt do that much u are proberly better off honing the stock one or buying a bigger one. :D