Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Cable/revs changing

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Hey all,

Yesterday I adjusted the slack in my throttle cable, tightened it up so the throttle would close properly, but open as soon as pressure applied to pedal.

The car has been driving fine yesterday all day and today, except for the last trip I just did where the revs had gone up, it just didn't sound right all of a sudden. Even slowing down to a stop, the car would jolt forward slightly when it shifted into 1st gear automatically. (vehicle is auto).

Anyway, got home and checked the cable... the throttle is now too tight and is slightly open when no pressure is applied to the pedal.

Does anyone know why this could have happened? or what would cause this to happen ?
I find it strange that it's been perfectly fine but now it's tightened up more for no apparent reason..

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Yeah, I've just readjusted it.

When I left it the throttle was slightly open because it was so tight, when I went back to it just now, it was closed... strange..
have just adjusted it and put a bit of slack in the cable, so hopefully the issue wont happen again, very odd though.