Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle controller

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
i bought a throttle controller for my 09 SSV manual from Mace Engineering for $185 and timed 0-60 in SP mode if anyone is interested. Test area had a very slight incline, no real flat spots here. The car is still stock, only mod is a VCM OTR CAI. I only done 0-60 because I haven’t upgraded the clutch slave yet and didn’t feel like burning the clutch right out. Will do Eco and Po (racing mode) another day and update this. Base time (controller off) was 5.04:

SP 1 - 4.66
SP 2 - 4.13
SP 3 - 4.07
SP 4 - 4.03
SP 5 - 3.67
SP 6 - 3.53
SP 7 - 3.22
SP 8 - 3.83
SP 9 - 3.85

8 & 9 were hard to get right because clutch release would jump slowing it a tad so once I get used to that I’ll run them again. Auto would obviously be easier to test. For the moment though 7 seems to be the sweet spot.

Worth it? To me, hell yeah! Even when driving back home on the highway and overtaking the response was instant. Felt old school cable drive, was lovely. Drove the traction control nuts though lol.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
i bought a throttle controller for my 09 SSV manual from Mace Engineering for $185 and timed 0-60 in SP mode if anyone is interested. Test area had a very slight incline, no real flat spots here. The car is still stock, only mod is a VCM OTR CAI. I only done 0-60 because I haven’t upgraded the clutch slave yet and didn’t feel like burning the clutch right out. Will do Eco and Po (racing mode) another day and update this. Base time (controller off) was 5.04:

SP 1 - 4.66
SP 2 - 4.13
SP 3 - 4.07
SP 4 - 4.03
SP 5 - 3.67
SP 6 - 3.53
SP 7 - 3.22
SP 8 - 3.83
SP 9 - 3.85

8 & 9 were hard to get right because clutch release would jump slowing it a tad so once I get used to that I’ll run them again. Auto would obviously be easier to test. For the moment though 7 seems to be the sweet spot.

Worth it? To me, hell yeah! Even when driving back home on the highway and overtaking the response was instant. Felt old school cable drive, was lovely. Drove the traction control nuts though lol.

Thanks for the update man. Ive had a stealth 2 for couple years now.

* Installed it on my first SV6 Auto.
The changes were amazing. Recommended to everyone.

* Installed it on my 2nd Modded Tuned HSV R8 E1 Auto
Gave me a engine light when I floored it LOL. Most likely cause it was tuned I dont know.

Have not installed on my 3rd E2 HSV Clubsport Manual because I didnt think it would do much difference.
So you definitely recommend its worth installing on a manual?

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Taking off in SP8/9 is taking some getting used to, especially when you need to take it easy in heavy traffic. When used to that bit of throttle lag after letting out the clutch and you touch ever so slightly then “whoa there wee doggy”, you giggle because that lag is finally gone.

I think it’s worth it in a manual. The only way I can explain it is, dropping a gear to overtake and actually getting response is sweet AF. Even sweeter is watching the mrs white knuckle the Jesus bar

Last edited:

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Think I might give it a go on the next sunny weekend.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I’ve been thinking about getting one for my VZ SV6

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Taking off in SP8/9 is taking some getting used to, especially when you need to take it easy in heavy traffic. When used to that bit of throttle lag after letting out the clutch and you touch ever so slightly then “whoa there wee doggy”, you giggle because that lag is finally gone.

I think it’s worth it in a manual. The only way I can explain it is, dropping a gear to overtake and actually getting response is sweet AF. Even sweeter is watching the mrs white knuckle the Jesus bar

Finally Installed the Controller Stealth 2 into my e2 Manual.
SP4+ mode feels soo damn good. Giving it a tap just makes it bounce off the mark if you know what I mean. Anything SP9+ above is next level. Pretty much suited for spinning the wheels. Eco 2-4 is just right for cruise mode, But since mine being a Manual its not 100% really needed for that.

i keep mine on SP4. The feel is just right.

imo AUTO's have the most to gain from this, and every VE owner should try one.

Even though people say its just like flooring the pedal harder, it does not feel like that. If I floored it from stand still. It would still slowly move then to the REV point I want. With the controller, you instantly feel it, like it hits that higher REV from the get go not gradually growing.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Alright, alright, you've twisted the knife. Looks like I'm getting one.

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
@Xplaya, it is sweet hey. Totally agreee autos would benefit more but holy crap that instant response is nice. I ended up running at SP9 for a while once I got used to it but took it back to 7 because when cold it kangarooed something fierce. If you got the Mace Engineering kit, try it P9. That makes ones undies get some chocolate pudding quite fast.

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
Does it matter which throttle controller or are they all pretty much the same difference?