Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle controller

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Its going good in my Amarok V6, let me know how it goes in the dunnydore please :)

Aus post sayin its getting delivered today :) If i can be arsed i'll put it in tonight if not then the weekend but i'll let you know :D

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Its going good in my Amarok V6, let me know how it goes in the dunnydore please :)

Had a quick look but couldn't access or even see a plug on the pedal.. looks like i'll have to remove some panels to get to it. Don't know how the others in this thread got to their pedals without removing some trim? :confused:

Anyway i'll look into it more on the weekend

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Ok so I had to pull the panels from around the steering column to be able to access the plug on the pedal.
I can pull out the part that locks the plug onto the pedal and move the plug up a little bit but, there is a bracket that is pretty much directly above the plug and this bracket inhibits the plug from coming off. There is also a bunch of wires next to the bracket which also stops the plug from lifting up. Even if somehow I could get the plug off the pedal there is no room to put the controller plug and loom anyway. Did anyone else have this sort of problem with their cars? Or maybe the E3 GTS is a different setup? Want to ask you guys before contacting hikeit.
I took a video to show what I'm talking about. Please ignore the heavy breathing you need to be a contortionist to get to the plug:p

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Tried again even though it's 400 degrees outside and definitely won't come off. There's a bracket and a rubber grommit holding some wires stopping it.
Even accidentally removed the burgundy part that locks the plug to the pedal and still no room. It really does look like I need to remove the pedal for this to even remotely work but I'm very reluctant to do so. No one else seems to have had this problem.
Any input from others would be greatly appreciated.

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
I had to unclip the bonnet release cable then I had room.

Was impossible without doing that.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE

I think thats part of the wire bundle that is in the way. Didn't know it could be unclipped.
I'll have another look tonight and see thanks for the info Lazyc.:)
If all else fails I think i will just remove the pedal and hope it goes back on.
looks like there is only 2 screws holding it down.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE

You're a legend mate;) removed the 3 plastic plugs that attach the bonnet release lever to the bracket its attached to and it gave just enough slack in the cable to be able to force the plug off the pedal! Plugged in the hikeit and attached everything again turned the car on and the IQ got stuck at the HSV I just want one screen:mad: wasn't happy but went for a quick 2 minutes spin anyway.... wow! Accidentally tore up the stones on the driveway:D
Went back home checked wiring removed and replaced everything back again and the IQ worked so went for a 5 minutes spin this time and can't believe the difference this thing makes! Looks like it will take a bit of getting used to but will be fun trying it out. So far I'm impressed. :)

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
can't believe the difference this thing makes! Looks like it will take a bit of getting used to but will be fun trying it out. So far I'm impressed. :)

My mates buzz out on these little things over the holidays.

Gave them a test drive on eco mode, pulled over to the side for 5 seconds, switched to SP mode and told them to go. They couldn't believe how much it changed lol

Shanessvredline

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 S2 ssv redline wagon
I chucked mine in about a year ago and I guess I was lucky because I was able to install it with out removing anything but the plastic panel...