Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle problem

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
the new vz 5 spd is the same sorta setup as the old 4 speed box u can crack the pan off and change seal and filter and change fluid threw bolt in rear of box on pside till it starts to pour out then its full

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Just so there are no misunderstandings, none of the boxes are physically sealed for life, they can all still be drained and refilled easily. The 5spd procedure is very similar to the 4spd.

They are only described as "sealed for life" because in all the Holden service documents, that's how they are described and oil changes are discouraged except where absolutely necessary, and that fluid changes are not part of the regular maintenance schedule.

sv6_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
I dont think it is a transmision problem but more a glitch with the electronic throttle.

When I had my red SV6 (auto) it did this from day 1, was more present when going uphill.

Its not the transmision slipping as the speed of the vehicle physically raises and lowers by 3-5km/h when it does it.

Its just a glitch with it.

Now I have a manual SV6 and I can get my manual to do exactly the same thing when going up hill in 4th gear.

alloy6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
well i got a new accelerator peddle(drive by wire) seem to improve this "electronic glitch" a bit, not as jerky now.

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
wonder if you coud fit the 4spd dipstick etc to the 5 spd? to monitor the fliud level and condition

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
yes has been vcm tuned and its a manual , would this have something to do with the tune? been trying to source out what it could be> drive by wire, or electronic throttle, i dont think it is the gearbox

Ok, so is ur SV6 having the same issues as torana355?
From the sounds of it, it could be the fact that the tune has caused the issue!