Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

throttle question and wtf with my hood

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
first off all should the buttefly "i guess its called" be touching the throttle screw on start up?? just trying to determine how much i should tighten the accel cable.

and why is it i put my hood down and the engine wants to cut out?? i lift it up again and the revs pick up.. i still have to replace 2 more hoses.. i guess its the problem..i dont have the pod on either just the afm..""i pulled the afm off and it dies so it must still work?"

i never thought replacing the top half of my plenum would = to so much bs.. makes me wanna go out a buy a 25.
Cheers

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
gday goon. Yes the throttle screw should be touching the screw. butterfly should be closed.
no throttle on startup it can harm fuel injected cars when it backfires blows out afm.
As for your bonnet. check to see it is crushing anything like Vac Hoses etc it shouldnt. check all your intake pipes are tight at the joins. i would say check the 2 hose clamps up at the throttlebody where the intake pipe goes on maybe the bonnet is pushing the piping causing Air leaks.
Mate i changed my plenum over and had no drammas at all took 10 mins. Longer to clean my other one :p

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
gday goon. Yes the throttle screw should be touching the screw. butterfly should be closed.
no throttle on startup it can harm fuel injected cars when it backfires blows out afm.
As for your bonnet. check to see it is crushing anything like Vac Hoses etc it shouldnt. check all your intake pipes are tight at the joins. i would say check the 2 hose clamps up at the throttlebody where the intake pipe goes on maybe the bonnet is pushing the piping causing Air leaks.
Mate i changed my plenum over and had no drammas at all took 10 mins. Longer to clean my other one :p

cheers mate.. the TPS is that the black thing with the M on it with the conection with the clip? if it is there is there a way of adjusting it... the aav seems to work it drops my rpm when i take it off.

i have to replace both the pvc hoses pcv whatever there called tommorow both have splits. and im replacing the rings on the end of the air intake..

im going to take the plenum off 1 more time tommorow and give it a good blow out with the air compressor.. probley replace the gasket too just to be sure, though its still in 1 piece.

with the plenum did u tighten the top bolts first or the bottom ones? i start from the sides and work my way in while holding the plenum in place.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
the TPS is that the black thing with the M on it with the conection with the clip? if it is there is there a way of adjusting it... the aav seems to work it drops my rpm when i take it off.