Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Stuck? Hit a tree...

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hi...

Was coming out of a mates place which is on the corner of a T-intersection, chucked it into D (Auto 2011 Series 2 VE SV6) and took off. I noticed it took off pretty excessively so I jumped on the brakes, to which the car kept accelerating. Full brakes wouldn't stop the car, tried to steer but ended up under steering and just slid straight for a tree stump - bang. Right in the middle of the front. Tow driver reckons it'll be a write off :\

I'm pretty positive the throttle wasn't stuck on the mat (I have the carpet ones from holden and then just a rubber one on top). When I hit the stump I looked and the pedal wasn't stuck at all, it was where it should be.

Any advice as to what might've caused this? How come the brakes didn't stop me? Could the computer of failed? Engine was at about 4000-5000rpm (based off sound and out of the corner of my eye) when I hit the tree in first gear but I don't know how fast I was going.

Insurance will love me... 17 year old on his Red P's with a SV6. First question they asked, "was I drifting?"

Attached photos

Cheers guys

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
go and ask a solicitor what you should and shouldn't say on your statement. Get yourself professional liar to get to wording of your statement correct to save further embarrassment.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Professional liar.......I love that one "boozer".
Sounds and looks very much like 17 year old lack of experience, and driver error BIG TIME.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah gotta say your multiple floor mats probably bunched up and held the throttle WOT after you stabbed the pedal. Not that uncommon.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
i-dont-believe-you-memegenerator-net-19261998.png

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Oh dear me. Couldn't get the answers. Actually he got the correct ones. Loved how he told us he SLAMMED it onto gear. When your reading this, as you will, and you have sorted out your finances after this, as you will need to do.......Next car join a proper car club, do high speed training and do track days. You will be surprised what very BAD no nothing driver you are at the moment. Good luck.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
is it school holidays in Australia too ? , I've been having a interesting Facebook duel with a muppet who says his sick as VT V6 sounds just like a V8 , and gets lots of looks , he's even invited me down to Gisborne on NZ's Eastern cape , as it happens all the time . That's crazy talk .

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I've been having a interesting Facebook duel with a muppet who says his sick as VT V6 sounds just like a V8 , and gets lots of looks

Yeah it's school holidays in the NT at the moment
You could always reply to that Muppet with this pic mate....

V6 Exhaust.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
is it school holidays in Australia too ? , I've been having a interesting Facebook duel with a muppet who says his sick as VT V6 sounds just like a V8 , and gets lots of looks , he's even invited me down to Gisborne on NZ's Eastern cape , as it happens all the time . That's crazy talk .
Ahh that would be why you V8 owners are so unhappy......:p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Well technically it is possible but you would need to compare it to a flat plane crank V8 which has an alternating firing order just like the V6....

But really...