Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throw Out Bearing, I Think

9C1pack

Reaction score
Is it a getrag?
I found a pic on the net of a getrag and I could not see an external adjustment.
Sometimes there is an adjustable threaded rod between the slave cylinder and the fork, but unlikely in this case, looks like a similar setup to my old HK holden on those you adjust the clutch fork pivot ball (in the bell housing) to move the fork and bearing in or out. See if you can borrow a maintenance manual.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Yea its m34
I cant say i remember exactly but i dont think there to udjust it but at the time i wasnt really looking so i could be wrong. Anyway il check it out sometime hopefully by wednesday and let you know.
On the manual ive seen the holden workshop manuals for the commodores on ebay for 60 bucks and they mention that regularly you cant actually buy the manual.
Is this right>?

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
There is no adjustment for the hydraulic clutch. It's self adjusting, so any time you bleed it, it just returns to the same position. We had an issue with the new HD clutch where the slave seemed to be keeping the fork and throwout against the pressure plate so we put exhaust gaskets as spacers to pull it back a bit.

Apart from that, there's not much you can do.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Yea i noticed that when i bled th fluid few weeks earlier.
Striaght after i did it it was much nicer but later that day when i went home i went back to how it was.
Nothing bad but just a little bit of travel.
Now i know why lol thanks

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The only adjustment provided for is the clutch pedal free play, which should be only 1 mm. That means there should only be 1 mm of free play in the clutch pedal at the adjustment point.

If the pedal adjustment is too tight, with no free play, it's possible that hydraulic pressure is constantly being exerted on the throwout bearing, pushing it forward to bear agains the pressure plate.

Pedal adjustment is under the dash panel where there is a threaded adjuster provided between the clutch pedal and the master cylinder.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
from memory if the clutch pedal does not have the correct free play like Calaber said there should only be 1 MM or Free play and if its not adjusted correctly can constantly apply pressure to your throwout bearing.

Can you describe the noise... is it a rapping noise, a ticking noise? a whining noise or a crunching noise

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
its only when i get into the high rev range which is rarely.
As so i havent heard it since posting this but it was scraping sort of noise.
Say when u put a bit of metal against a buffing machine or something.
At a certain point the sond comes in very faint, round 4000 and gets louser the higher the revs weant.
What do u think baout my considerations of it being a, or more pulley?
At idle they do make a very faint worn noise but not so much that most people would notice as im constantly parnaois about my car