Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

throw out bearing noise?

VN_Pretz

TNTGMH
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN S-Pac 5spd V6
hey guys

had a noise comin from gearbox, when foot is on the clutch the noise is gone, but when it is at rest you can hear a ticking, and if you depress the pedal a tad you can hear the noise change, and if you actually lift the pedal the noise stops so i was thinkin it's the throwout bearing, i recently changed clutch and stuff, got it all back in and i have the sound again, but it is different to how it used to be, it's alot clearer now but same symptoms and reactions

any suggestions? ideas? solutions?

Thanks in advance

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Did you change the spigot bearing in the flywheel?

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
Mine was making a similar noise and same symptoms and all it ended up being was a broken clutch lever spring ( under dash)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Its a spigot bush. Needle roller spigots came out on later cars. The spring could be your problem as its not keeping the thrust bearing pressed against the pressure plate, which will cause a ticking noise and even a squeal if the fingers are a bit worn. :)

ovp92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 5.0L
bit late i know, but just for others reading this. I had this problem on my VR 5 spd. My problem was actually the plastic caps on the prongs of the clutch fork are worn or even missing. 6 dollar part. Without those the bearing will be loose and rattle round causing a tick or even if theyre badly worn a rattle.

Mase majoor

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Holden vs ute
Cheers lads , I just got another vs ute since the family is getting smaller .
This is my first manual though , got this problem , I thought it mite be a big job but reading your post/replays ,I should be able to fix the problem over the weekend
Cheers