Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throw out

DavoVP

Reaction score
Stupid Question realy,

Does your throwout bearing spin with your foot on the clutch, or when the clutch is engadged. ?

For some time now ive had what i believed to be a noisy Throwout Bearing, youd get a highpitched budgee like sound when the clutch was out.

Put ya foot on the clutch and itd dissapear.

Now days though its changed to a rumbling sound that you can feel through the shift leaver.

You can allso hear this same sound if your rolling in gear with your foot on the clutch, 1 2 3 does it, but 4 and 5 seem to be relativly quiet.

Ive avoided replaceing the bearing even though i have it because my reverse gear is ****ed, i was planing on doing it all at the same time when i finaly got my hands on a new tranny which is proveing to be more difficult then itd seem for under $500 6 months ago a M8 picked 2 up for 150 each from the wreckers, gave the same mob a ring and they want 560 a piece, when and if they have them.....

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
Through out baring is working when your foot is down on the clutch.
If reverse is cactus and 1 2 3 are playing up then i would expect a bearing on the layshaft is the problem. in 4th gear it is 1:1 gearing and puts no load on the layshaft so is less nosiey.

gearbox rebuild time mate.